If you came from 6S cycle (reg or plus) was 7/7+ worth it to you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Dec 2, 2016.

?

So was it worth it?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. no

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. indifferent

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. thadoggfather, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Curious how you feel now that the dust has settled and inventory levels seemingly have caught up to demand, etc.

I'm going to go with indifferent to no, but not vote, since I don't know which one I feel more heavily, sold my 64 6s+ for $480 and paid about $400 out of pocket for this one,

because I like the matte black, leap of midrange from 64 to 128, dual cameras even though I seldom use the telephoto (dislike how its a slower lens) and on 10.0.2 waiting for jailbreak so no portrait mode again for me even though I used it a bunch with 10.1 betas, the lack of headphone jack isn't a deal breaker but there are times i don't want to think about bringing lightning earbuds and not being able to use iPad or laptop audio, or having the adapter but also a bit more cumbersome than no adapter and lightning built in,

Not overly impressed with iOS 10 coming from mature and jailbroekn 9.3.3 6s+, but I'm on 10.0.x and patiently need my jailbreak maybe my tune will change

but I do have an SE on 9.3.3 jailbroken for happy days, same with iPad, and don't know that I'll update either even with next jailbreak wave,

I do appreciate the P3 screen and so far lack of dust entering in the top left and accumulating that drove me nuts on my 6s+, improved acoustics and second earpiece speaker since the 6s+ was a regression from 6+ audio, the haptic home button is interesting, and yeah,

especially since ill almost certainly get the 2017 10th anniversary iPhone if it delivers on all the hype maybe i should have rode out 6s+ longer and resell value will still be decent since people clamor to a headphone jack and not needing all the little improvements

2. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Went from 6s Plus to 7 Plus. What sold me on it was water resistance, better low light photos, and better battery. I do lots of boating and fishing and had to replace phones due to water damage. Even a few drops of water on a so claimed waterproof case is not enough.

3. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Still love using my iPhone 6s Plus.the iPhone 7 is not that big upgrade from iPhone 6s Plus,I think waiting for anniversary iPhone makes more sense

4. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Water resistance. Portrait mode, 2x optical zoom, 256GB, faster performance, noticeably better low-light performance with the camera. I also really love the feel of the new home button and how they've integrated the improved haptic feedback through the entire OS.

Definitely worth it for me (6S Plus to a 7 Plus).

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

There are definite benefits, I just wonder if it was worth
    What I paid out of pocket. I like bleeding edge and have had virtually every model except 5s and 5c.

6. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I went from 6S to 7. I buy new iPhone every year but 7 was one of the less impressive upgrades I have had recently and the least impressive in non-S models.

7. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Unfortunately, that's a question only you can answer for yourself. We all place different value on these benefits. For me? Absolutely worth it. For others that are very tight with their money? I can't say for sure.

8. qawsed macrumors regular

I think the 6s plus is an absolute beast and the best phone Apple released in a long time. I wouldn't take a 7 plus for free. My go-to is a 6s plus and QC 25s. I use them for hours a day. I don't want to worry about charging my headphones or using an stupid adapter I could forget or loose. It's just a great phone and it's rocket fast for everything I've thrown at it. I use it for hours a day and never go below 50% going to bed. I love it.

Water resistance is interesting but they don't cover it anyway if anything happens so meh.

9. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Moved from the 6s to 7. Honestly, I really am not that impressed with the upgrade after using the 7 since I upgraded in October. The battery isn't that much better than the 6s (if there was any improvement, it's negligible). Although I was tempted to get the 7+, I'm not a fan of phablet phones.

In all honesty, I would have been happy just keeping my 6s. But since I'm on IUP, it made more sense to upgrade to the 7. Although I do wish Apple kept the space gray option (I may be in the minority here). But I have my SE whenever I need a space gray fix.

10. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

After all the stupidity with my 6s the past few months including activation lock and serious battery issues (shutdowns & rapid drain), I just traded it into Apple and used that and my gift card for a 7+ 128gb matte black so for the phone, AC+, tech21 case and free screen protector and install came out to less than my 6s 64gb.

Yeah, everything I swore I wouldn't do.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I dislike iOS 10, but the bigger screen, much better wifi reception and battery life more than compensate. So yeah worth it.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I own both the 6s Plus and 7 Plus. The 7 Plus has been worth the upgrade incrementally. The stereo speakers have been outstanding and crystal clear.

The dual camera is very nice and the new portrait Mode takes stunning photo's.

The Home Button is nice for the feedback, but not necessary. The new Taptic Engine is stronger and more nuanced.

The most notable features are the extended battery life with two additional hours and the A10 Fusion. The 7 Plus seems so much smoother with multitasking, less refreshes and quicker to navigate. The additional Ram is another contributor to the efficiency.

I love the 7 Plus and couldn't be happier. The 6s Plus is great, but the 7 Plus is much More refined and powerful.

12. yanksfan114 macrumors regular

Went from 6S+ to 7+. The main advantage I gained was more storage. I was hitting my head on the 64gb ceiling of my 6S+ so I had to upgrade. Decided to go up to 256gb so I should be good for a while :). The JB color, amazing lowlight camera, portrait mode, battery (my 6S+ wasn't doing so well), and water resistance were all other major things I gained from upgrading. I sold the phone for ~$450 anyway so it wasn't like I was taking a loss anyway.

13. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Went from 6s to 7. Did not expect major improvements. Camera improvement is usually why I upgrade, but this time it's pretty small. Noticeable, but small. I do have the 256GB model vs. the 128GB model in the 6s and I do appreciate the extra space. The lack of the headphone jack is a PITA still.

That said, there are a few things that have been unexpected improvements. The stereo speakers are notably much louder and much clearer. Whether talking to someone on speaker while working in the kitchen, over FaceTime, or using the phone on speaker in the car or for a conference call at work, the speakers make a huge difference in how clear everyone sounds. Totally unexpected.

The water resistance is not a big deal, but I run every day and have a job where I work outdoors reasonably often. It has been nice to not have to worry about the phone in these conditions.

The big one is that I'm finding that the new model has significantly better cell reception. I'm on AT&T and have spent a fair bit of time over the past 6 weeks working in some remote locations where I have 1 bar of LTE or 4G, varying. I have found that I am regularly the only person on location, among a number of 5, 5s, 6, 6s model iPhones that can reliably make calls - all on the same carrier. In fact, earlier this week not only was I the only one on location who could make calls, during our down time I was streaming HBO in high def! There is a significant improvement in signal reception/transmission with this model phone - and I have the Intel modem - the one people have been complaining about!

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm happy with the 7+ coming from a 6s+. For me the camera alone is worth it. A bonus is the water resistance so now I don't have to carry my phone around in a bulky case anymore.

15. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

6s+----->7+
    Nice to have water resistance and the better camera is nice. Not really worth it.
    Chose Matte Black. At the end of the day, it's just a phone. :(

16. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

The post above nails it!! Totally agree.