If you could have just one Mac game...

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Which one would you choose? I want to buy a game for my new Powerbook but I'm too lazy to read reviews and decide which one is the "current best". Any type of game would be great, except Warcraft III (which I already have) and WoW (cos I can't subscribe due to geographic restrictions). thx

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Mousetrap on the old Amiga, best game ever :D . I know it's not an apple but it is still the greatest game ever, that or boulderdash, anyone know if there are emulators for them

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Reckless Drivin' by far. Free for first 3 levels (which are the best ones anyway), $12 for the rest. Provides me with numerous hours of fun filled entertainment all day long.

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
floyde said:
Which one would you choose? I want to buy a game for my new Powerbook but I'm too lazy to read reviews and decide which one is the "current best". Any type of game would be great, except Warcraft III (which I already have) and WoW (cos I can't subscribe due to geographic restrictions). thx
Actually, you can subscribe to WoW from anywhere in the world. It's even sold in stores over here...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
If I could just have one Mac game and that's it, I would want Starcraft/Broodwar. It would be a tough choice between that and FFVIII, CivII etc., but that would be it for me. :cool:

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
mad jew said:
Now now, let's use our lovely reading skills. :)
Haha, condescension is funny :p.

I don't have the attention span for FPSs, so the only game on my PowerBook is Quinn. It's basically Tetris. It's geeky, and there's no blood, or guns, or explosions. But it's brilliant.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
ham_man said:
Just get Tetris. Endless hours of fun...
I have vowed to never play that game again. I spent hours upon hours on it, became truly addicted, and it just wouldn't let me win and I am convinced it eventually robbed me of my soul. So addictive and fun... must not play again... ;) Tetris along with that damn Space Invaders game - don't get me started on that one either... :eek:

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
The Mac already has tetris built in.

Load up terminal. Type:
"emacs"

press Ctrl-X and type, "tetris".

Alternatively, there is "pong" and "doctor".

The phsychotherapist ("doctor") is more fun than most games, actually. You can get hours of enjoyment talking to him and trying to insult him. He has some nice combacks. I've seen people get repeatedly owned when I let them use my PowerBook at school :D

I'd probably take Star Wars Battlefront, or more likely, Jedi Academy (I started playing this game again, forgot how much it rocked) with a BAZILLION mods installed. I have every character from Episode 3 (the Greivous model is incredible) as well as multiple Episode 3 maps, and Mario, Luigi, Master Chief, Samus Aran, and Link (complete with Master Sword and Hyrule shield as equippable weapons). :D

Hydra

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Finland
I've never played World of Warcraft but it sounds really interesting.

But Civilization III is what I have and it's beyond amazing. Really a perfect piece of code.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ITASOR said:
Reckless Drivin' by far. Free for first 3 levels (which are the best ones anyway), $12 for the rest. Provides me with numerous hours of fun filled entertainment all day long.
no way, the fourth and fifth are by far the best!!! :D i love the boat

he needs to make some additional levels or an expansion pacck or something./ that would make the game even BETTER