if you could have only one cydia tweak/app added to iOS5 by apple

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Che Castro, May 23, 2011.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

what would it be?

i would choose sbsettings, thats the one i use the most i think

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Tough call. I would have to go with Lockinfo with SBSettings in a very close second.

The ability to look at my lockscreen and see my upcoming appointments just seems so basic to me. I don't use it for anything else.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I would say MobileNotifier (beta 4) and SBSettings. I use both of them all the time. Let's just say that I'll be extremely disappointed in Apple if they don't revamp the notification system. Especially since MobileNotifier is unbelievably more useable than the current system.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

BiteSMS--all the features. But if I had to pick just one piece of that, it'd be quick reply/compose, since I use it constantly.

6. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Notified App. Even if we couldn't get the pull-down, status bar icons would be an incredible improvement.

7. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

Whats crazy is that everything the ios5 will have we had it for a long time with a jailbroken iPhone & more

Why is apple holding back, theres no downside to adding all these features

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Probably SBSettings. I tried LockInfo but I wasn't sold on it. I'd probably like it better with some Apple polish.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Probably because they only have so many OS devs and most of them are currently working on finishing up Lion. Apple doesn't have two different teams for iOS and OS X.

There's also a usability concern. A lot of the tweaks/apps on Cydia aren't that polished. Apple likes to nail feature look and usability before they release them (copy and paste is a prime example).

10. legacy fan macrumors newbie

11. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

12. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

13. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Never had it or been able to try it...but Swype. Yes I know its not on cydia and I have looked everywhere for something similar. Even tried this crap known as EightKeys, why would I want to tap a block and then remember where the letter was and tap the letter to enter a letter? :confused:

Non-Cydia Improvement - Just something as simple as apps being able to modify certain functions of the phone like keyboard, texting, etc... I dont see why it would be a problem if they went through Apple and didnt interfere with the "user experience"...I just grow tired of the lockdown :(

14. Riptide62 macrumors member

Lock Info.. hands down. The changes the developer has made, the stability of the product etc make it the one app I could not do without. Frankly, it prevented me from switching to Android. Also use BiteSMS and it's integration within Lock Info is excellent.

15. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

16. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Can you explain how you integrated BiteSMS w/ LockInfo? Thanks!:D

17. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

18. iphone4fan macrumors newbie

19. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

20. musicmax macrumors member

LockInfo. I think Apple should buy it and work out the few rough edges (tap on voicemail should play the message, tap on WhatsApp should open the chat, tap & hold a tweet should open a context menu to retweet or reply or open the embedded link).

21. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I think SBSettings would be my first choice. Everyone picking BiteSMS, is it just the quickreply feature? Or something else about BiteSMS?

22. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

SBSetting and FastClockUp

FastClock totally changes the behavior of the phone..it's ridiculous how much Apple slows down the UI.

23. anthdci macrumors 6502

24. psywzrd macrumors 68030

BiteSMS for me as well. I use the quick reply/quick compose functions thousands of times every month - can't live without them.