If you could live in one RPG world for the rest of your life...

natehan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Chicago
I would live in the world of Final Fantasy VII. Have fun at Gold Saucer, kill some bad guys with a wicked sword, and hook up with Tifa. Oh, and hopefully join Cloud's gang to save the planet.

WoW would be cool too.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'd have to say FF7 as well. Remember there is that house for sale in, I believe it's called Costa del Sol or something? Living in Nibelheim, Rocket Town, or Wutai wouldn't be to bad either. Maybe go out with Aeris before she croaks. :p

natehan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Chicago
NewbieNerd said:
I'd have to say FF7 as well. Remember there is that house for sale in, I believe it's called Costa del Sol or something? Living in Nibelheim, Rocket Town, or Wutai wouldn't be to bad either. Maybe go out with Aeris before she croaks. :p
Snowboarding at Icicle Inn, checking out the slums in Midgar, look at the insane Mako reactors. Oh yeah, got to get with Aeris before she dies.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
as the hero? or as a random townsperson/whatever? if it's the first, either gta:san andreas (an rpg in my book) or fable. if the 2nd, pokemon crystal.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
eva01 said:
I would live in Hyrule no matter what :p
Yeah but you haven't seen the council estates on the rough side of hyrule :eek:
Seriously my mate was mugged whilst he was was going about his business picking up pots and throwing them at walls.. :)

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
The FF7 world seems cool, but I haven't seen Advent Children yet, so I think I'll reserve judgment on that one until I know more!

Spira would be cool just because the blitzball arena is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Game Designers' Workshop's Traveller: 2300, later renamed to 2300 AD. Came out in 1986 as a follow-on to their RPG Twilight: 2000. A paper-based RPG in the vein of Dungeons and Dragons, 2300 depicted an interstellar human civilization where the nations of Earth spread out among the stars and forrmed colonies, 300 years from now. France was the big dog (for reasons relating to their role post-World War III), but other nations such as America, Japan, Russia, and Manchuria were prominent.

I did some writing for GDW... got three articles published in their monthly Challenge magazine, another article in The Travellers' Digest, and I contributed to their Earth/Cybertech Sourcebook (I wrote the chapter on Australia, circa 2300). We were negotiating for me to author a complete game module (96 pages) when their plans for 2300 changed.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
not really an RPG world but Halo still fascinates me. just the way you could just step out your house and look up to see different countries or islands whatever. I'd love that.

but for RPG I'd say Golden Sun's big world. I'd live in Knox and go on holiday to Lemuria :)

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
Oh, and my answer would be in Fading Suns, as knight-protector of my liege lord, the Emperor, scion of House Hawkwood. Between daring duels and plasma pistol fights against privateers, I would woo the deliciously beautiful and mysterious Hazat ambassador while watching for the next Decados spy in our ranks.

jiggie2g

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2003
Brooklyn,NY
Final Fantasy X..........I beleve this game took RPG's to a whole new level , with excellent character development, plot twist , superb voice acting and incredible grapphics(for it's time). Damn thing took me 3 months to beat.