If you didn't have an iphone, which mobile device would you get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FloridaMac, Jul 16, 2012.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

2. iRobajob macrumors newbie

iRobajob

With the current line of phones I would grab either a Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Nexus.

3. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

4. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

5. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I'd definitely want a stock Android experience and I'd want the latest updates so I'd go Galaxy Nexus. I'll probably end up switching to the next Nexus phone that is released b/c I want a better camera and LTE is a must for my next device.

6. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Nexus device for sure. I would want stock Android. Depending on what the next iPhone is compared to the next Nexus device, I might make the switch if it's temping enough.

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Windows 8 device.

Probably an HTC based phone or Nokia. Just depends on the specific hardware features, design and aesthetic.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

9. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I previously owned a WP7 device and liked the UI but it doesn't sync so well with Mac and don't like the fact that even the newest devices available right now won't get WP8.

If I couldn't keep my 4s, I'd use a Nexus. Just picked up a Galaxy Nexus as a second/backup phone and have to admit it's pretty smooth. Android has come a long way since its early versions--though not enough to make me switch permanently ;).

10. cynics macrumors G4

High end windows or Android device. I would want a Nexus device but I want to wait for the next one...

11. brendu macrumors 68020

12. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

Enjoyed WP 7.5 for 5 months. Love the interface and social media hubs. Then my phone got stolen and Microsoft decides to shut off upgrades for first and second gen WP adopters for WP8. Lame. Apps are not there yet either. Play Store is much closer to mirroring the App Store. WP does have better games and more exclusive ones over Android. But Android simply has more useful apps like Talkatone. Better to get a Windows 8 tablet. I prefer landscape view on tabs anyway.

But all OSes have bored me lately. But for my next phone, the next Nexus or Galaxy Note with a minimum of having Jelly Bean on it.

14. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I'd still be on a blackberry running off my own BES server I suppose. I have little confidence that RIM will be in he consumer market much longer so I'd stick to an enterprise solution. I'm glad this is hypothetical though. I don't miss the headaches that accompany an enterprise service.

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'd still get an iphone. The android-flavored phones are too wide for my short fingers and don't allow one handed operation. Also, I like the integration of the iphone with my mac.

16. WindWaker macrumors regular

Most definitely a Galaxy Nexus.

GSIII's are cool and all, but I really need stock Android to be happy.

17. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

I currently own a Galaxy Nexus, which I love. Android is my home now.

18. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Next gen Galaxy Nexus or a well-received Windows 8 phone. Lack of regular OS updates would be a deal-breaker for me.

19. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

If I didn't have an iPhone, I'd go and get an iPhone.

20. rman726 macrumors 6502

After my experience with my Nexus 7, there is no doubt that I would be going for a Windows Phone 8 phone. I have been tempted the last couple of months to upgrade to a large screen Android device. Those desires are non-existent after today.

App selection completely blows. The OS is still unintuitive as @#$%. And Project Butter? More like Project Peanut Butter. I am completely in shock at how much love Project Butter has gotten. Was Android that bad before that Project Butter seems even close to iOS?

21. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I've been very happy with my Galaxy Note. I've owned each iteration of the iPhone and still am using the iPhone 4s---However with our business I've got to have two phones.. This is my first foray into the world of Android and I'm extremely impressed! Just this past week I received the ICS update. I had no idea what I was missing - - - as I've been happy with Gingerbread.. ICS has made my GNote feel like a new phone altogether! As an iPad owner as well since the first version, the Note allows me to carry a single device to client meetings. Definitely agree that Android has grown by leaps and bounds! However, that said, I'll always have an iPhone!

22. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

I'd be waiting on a new Galaxy Nexus, probably.

23. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

I've considered this as a replacement for my Nokia 1100, but telephone numbers have to be keyed in manually for each call. Until the iphone drops to about $200 i'll stick with second hand ebay 1100s.

Don't buy a 1100 from hong kong. It will most likely be fake.