if you do IUP online do you know then if you're approved or do you have to go to the store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unclefarkus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. unclefarkus macrumors member

I tried doing it last year and go rejected. My credit situation then was good. But it's even better this year and I really want on this thing. But I'm not driving 2 hours again only to waste 2 hours in the store and walk out empty handed. If I order for delivery, it would have to determine if I'm accepted online, right?

Trying to find out before I waste significant time. Thank you.

2. colbearnation macrumors newbie

You know instantly.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

My understanding is the entire process takes place online and the phone is shipped to you.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you apply online and submit the order, you will get an e-mail from Citizens One if you were approved or not. I signed up for the Apple iPhone installment (Not the iUP one but the other one that doesn't have the applecare plus or the annual upgrade, as I will plan on upgrading every 2 years now) and got an approval e-mail from Citizens One.

I believe that if you were denied, they will e-mail you but also send you a letter of the denial.

5. Chele macrumors member

Chele

I did this exact thing on Thursday to get my Plus. You'll get an email from Citzens One saying that you were approved. If the Apple Store nearest you has the phone you want, you'll get an email from them saying that your item will be held for pick up. That's what I did because my model was in stock at the store but still had a 3 to 4 week wait for delivery. I went the next day and everything was ready for me. My phone was already marked as paid. Easy peasy.

6. LRXSE7EN macrumors member

Can you elaborate on how the process works? I went to the reservation site and I think they're going to make me go to the store itself to see if I get approved because it's not mentioning anything about applying first. I got up to the screen where I sign in with my apple ID and they ask for my number so they can text me a code but I didn't go beyond that because I thought I'd have to go to the store itself. I'm busy this week so I may not be able to meet their reservation time; but if I'm approved and all I have to do is pick it up I'll have no problem sparing half an hour or so.

7. Chele macrumors member

Chele

I can't say that I paid a ton of attention to this process but when I went to the reservation site, it asked if I was a member of the IUP program or if I wanted to enroll. I clicked to enroll in the program. I'm pretty sure that I had to sign in with my apple ID at that point. The site confirmed the model that I wanted and that it was in stock at my selected store. It also had me select a reservation time for the next day. The site then asked for the carrier account info (which is in my mom's name) and then asked for my billing info and my social security and birth date for the credit check. After that page, there is a confirmation paging telling you that you have to pay for the tax on the phone and the first month's payment. You have to input your credit card for that (which is the credit card that Citizens One will charge every month) and confirm the purchase. Then I got an email saying that my in store ordered would be processed and be ready to pick up the next day. I also got an email from Citizens One saying that I was approved and had my account information included. About an hour later, I got another email confirming that my phone was reserved at the store and would be ready for pick up the next day. I hope that helps!

8. LRXSE7EN, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

LRXSE7EN macrumors member

Just did the process, I went to the apple reservation site:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?iPP=U

then clicked the store, the model, the size and color, and hit continue, it then told me to sign in with my apple ID.

then it told me to text a code to a number and i'll get a code back to confirm it along with my number, it then gave me which times were available for me to pick up said phone, with only 1 button left "Confirm Reservation" I figured it would take me to the screen you stated but it just confirmed the reservation right then and there. I believe it is because I chose the t-mobile version, I saw on the apple site that you need to do it in-store if your carrier is t-mobile.

was really hoping to do it online so it makes life easier for everyone, thanks for the help anyways!

EDIT: I believe you were using the checkout page instead of the reservation page because I found what you were talking about while i was simulating a checkout, as opposed to reserving one on the link I posted.

9. Roller macrumors 68020

I also ordered online through IUP. I got a confirmation email from Apple but nothing from Citizens One. I've since checked with Apple and they say that financing was approved. Not sure why the process seems to be different for some people.

10. Chele macrumors member

Chele

Maybe I was using the checkout page. Sorry if I confused you! Maybe it is also different if you're using T-Mobile. Honestly, I was in a hurry when I did it, just trying to get it to go through while I was at work so I didn't pay a lot of attention. Were you able to get it to work?

11. LRXSE7EN macrumors member

Nope. I forgot I had T-Mobile and for T-Mobile customers you have to process it in-store, it's unavailable online. I don't know their logic for that but oh well. I'm actually more concerned if I'll get approved to begin with. My credit score is "average" but some people claimed they got approved even with a below average score but they could have been trolls just messing with everyone.

12. Chele macrumors member

Chele

Oh, yeah I do remember hearing about that now. Well, that's a bummer. I don't blame you though. It seems silly to have to take all this time out of your day for something that you might not get approved for.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You did the reservation oppose to doing the actual check up. go to www.apple.com then on the iPhone , hit buy , select the model, color and size. See if they have it available for pick up on your location. then select the method.