If you don’t have anything interesting to say - don’t say anything

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrklaw, Oct 17, 2018.

1. mrklaw macrumors 68020

yes I mean you, Apple Watch complications

Seems Apple got all excited about the new larger screens and got verbal diarrhoea.

Why - if I have no upcoming events in my calendar - does the watch proudly display ‘NO UPCOMING EVENTS’. Just don’t show anything. Why do I care that it’s 8 hours ahead in Tokyo - that’s why I have the little clock face added, I don’t need a description too.

Faces like the infographic are especially bad with the top and the corner slots. I want to glance at information which is much easier if you hide things that aren’t saying anything

Third parties aren’t immune. Carrot I’d quite like rain % in a corner slot but I don’t need a bar with it too.

2. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

„No upcoming events“ is better style than not showing events because you will not know is the calendar syncing properly when this is kept blanc.

3. mrklaw thread starter macrumors 68020

I guess but it could be something smaller. The top slot on the infograph face is particularly ‘loud’

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Thankfully there are other faces to choose from

5. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

How about “All clear”? Or even just “Nope”? :D

6. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

I said similar on here and got shouted down. id rather they were blank or showed an icon when there was no info to show.

7. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl