If you don't have the signal issue; guess what? You probably do.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Jun 26, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

This is something that has already been mentioned but I guess I'll post my personal experience:

I did a test today where I took my iPhone 4 (which suffers from the "incorrect holding position" syndrome) to a high signal location, and I couldn't get the bars to drop for over half hour of testing. I then took someone else'd iPhone 4 and tested it at my home location. The signal dropped at my home in a matter of seconds on both of the iPhone 4's.

I tried restarting the phone, and each time the signal at my home would drop, and would remain full at the new location.

2. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

Dude, seriously, no I don't.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

That has been my experience as well. Near strong areas...no effect. In weaker areas, it does indeed present the problem

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

yeah...still don't have the issue. :) happy messaging!!!

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I feel that is is probably the case. All the phones are designed the same, so they should all act the same.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Very accurate statement. My wife and I are in the process of moving right now. At our current place, our bars drop. On the other side of town, where we are moving to, I tried to replicate the problem and couldn't. So, I guess if we bought these exact same phones 3 weeks later, we could've said that our phones were not defective. :)

7. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

it's probably because you've not hit a poor signal location that would cause the signal to drop in a matter of seconds yet. if you're constantly in excellent coverage areas, then chances are that you will never experience the dropped signal. this doesn't necessarily mean that your phone is as perfect as you think it is.

8. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

oh goodie today is my lucky day. Another thread about reception issues.

9. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

^^^hahaha i know!!!

But seriously...even if i'm in excellent coverage...i don't care! :)

try holding it differently!

10. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Guess what? I dont care. I am not going to try to hold my phone in a way that disrupts reception. That is absurd. Stop these ***** threads already. We get it. You have problem. Sorry about that. Return your defective phone and move on.

11. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Yup.

Glasgow City Centre today, full 5 bars on 3G ... tried to replicate the issue.

Couldn't.

Now at home, GPRS reception with 2 to 3 bars ... tried to replicate the issue.

Success.

I have to add though, if anyone holds their iPhone in the manner required to bring on the "signal issue", they must have weird shaped hands.

12. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Yep, exact same thing with me. Works in 95% of the places I go so I'm not worrying about it. Much better things in life to worry about. :)

13. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

+1.

Some people try to force you to worry about the problems you do not have... :eek:

14. Starrbuck macrumors regular

So, in weaker signal areas, your signal is not as strong. That's fascinating.

15. daitalianjob macrumors regular

HAHAHAHA YESSS!!!

16. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

You've gotta love the OCD of some of these people. Some guy drove around for an hour just to test out his reception issues. Take the phone back if you're freaking out to that extent! This phone isn't worth your sanity! Is everyone thats testing these things out even considering just buying a case? I understand it sucks that it might be necessary, but this phone is so damn good, that its worth it.

17. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this! At my house and in other areas, I have always had spotty reception even with my old 3G. I have yet to have the problem that is being claimed anywhere I travel to. It may show up, but right now, I'm happy with the service and signal.

18. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

19. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

dude. Quit causing trouble. not everyone experiences this problem. Its just you and your buddies phones.

20. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

mine. too. :)

21. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

LMAO!

We tried for a good hour at work today trying to replicate this on my friend's iPhone 4. No go.

22. toanavinai macrumors member

Whoa, hey, everyone calm down, just calm down.

Well, that settles it. With the moniker "definitive", he's clearly the final say here. Obviously.

That's it, guys. Thread's over, go home. Sorry.

23. Built macrumors 68020