Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justjax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
If you download the high quality Cloud version of a matched song, I understand that it remembers your ratings, play count, meta tags, etc, but I'm curious about date added info? If for example the original file showed as added on 1/1/2011, but I deleted it and redownloaded it from the Cloud, would it add itself to the top of the iTunes music list and show the added date as the current date, or would it be added exactly in place of the old file and I'd scroll down and see it added on 1/1/11?

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I just checked mine and it retains the date added info. Looking at an album now that as kind as "matched AAC" and all my play counts, metadata, covers, and date added went untouched. Hope this helps.

justjax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
I just checked mine and it retains the date added info. Looking at an album now that as kind as "matched AAC" and all my play counts, metadata, covers, and date added went untouched. Hope this helps.
Excellent, I didn't really want everything to be all added as the current date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.