If you fear you may cave in and pre-order black instead...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMJustAGuy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

You should just wait! Think about those NASTY and greasy finger prints that get all over it! I especially urge you to wait if you are going to use bumpers because this will not be a sexy phone unless you are CONSTANTLY cleaning it. I was thinking of pre-ordering now and as I was browsing black images, I came across these made me appreciate why I really want the white phone instead. We can do this, guys. Stick it out. :eek:

And to think!... all that greasy-ness is only after ONE handling!

Attached Files:

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

Let us know what your order number is once the crowd dies down =p

3. Built macrumors 68020

I'm already sexy. I don't need a "sexy phone." I need one that will do the job...and entertain me along the way.

4. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

7 words, water and soap on them badboys haha

(before u start yes i know about acids from your skin etc)

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

The white iPhone will gather fingerprints just like the black, and will be seen in direct light. Trust, I have a white iPhone now. Pre-ordered and receiving my black iPhone on the 24th :p

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I already caved too... without having any clue as to when white's available, and needing to do some app development testing, I had to spring for black. I'll still be jealous when all you guys get white though. :)

7. Built macrumors 68020

+1

Very true. The dark accumulation of dirt around the HOME button of the white iPhone will be something those who select white will have to contend with...but to each his own.

8. mac'inmama macrumors regular

Who doesn't have a cover over most of the phone anyway? The back of mine rarely sees the light of day because I use a protective cover. I have the white 3G and it's always a surprise to see that it's white when I take off the cover because it's always on. One thing I can say about the white is that mine has little cracks in it because all Apple white plastic stuff ends up that way.

9. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

It WILL gather finger prints but will be nothing like the back... like another poster said, it will mostly only be visible in direct sun/light. It will look far better than the black... (as far as greasy fingerprints go).

Most people who are getting bumpers... I don't know many cases that cover the black "bars" except the otter box.

10. jasperk99 macrumors regular

I ordered my black one today; my wife is staying strong, she wants that white phone with the pink bumper; (I ordered her pink bumper today )

11. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

That's why I'm getting the Wrapsol full body protector. It has a matte finish on the body that is actually about 99% fingerprint resistant (I have it on my current 3gs). No worries about fingerprints at all plus scratch protection.

12. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Well, you're entitled to your own opinion :) I think the white is attractive, I just prefer the black.

13. C8XY macrumors 6502

I caved!! but in England we have the right for a full refund within 14 days of receipt. I thought I’d get one, see how I like it and send it back if necessary.
    I need to put my fingerprints on one as soon as poss :D

14. Built macrumors 68020

My Wrapsol is on its way. :)

15. mac'inmama macrumors regular

I have the Agent 18 Flower Vest and it currently does not show any part of the phone except the screen when it's on.

16. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

17. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

The white front of the phone skeeves me out. I don't know how to explain it, but I just don't like it. To each their own, however!

I hope you guys get your phones soon!

18. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

First off your hands shouldn't be that greasy without at least a wipe off. I think that was due to the end of the WWDC where 100 of people demoed it (I bet they didn't wash there hands afterwards or wipe the units after each persons use either echhhhhh). Imagine the amount of people touching the phone that day and the super bright setting of the room. Greasy hands will definitely show on the black, but stained fingers will show up on your white phone much more easily and make it look uglier then a greasy fingerprint.

I have a white 3GS now and regretted not getting a black one. I just slapped a black otterbox case on there and never knew the difference. I plan to get a case anyway so it's not going to matter. If I have indecisions then a white sleeved type case or white otterbox will work for me.

19. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Ditto

20. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I was hoping you could get one that was half white and half black

21. coolbreeze07 macrumors newbie

coolbreeze07

eh, both sides are olephobic right? my 3gs barely gets fingerprints on it as is. Just dust her off with the microfiber and youre all gravy. Its just like having a black car man. You know you have to put in a little extra to keep it clean. but when it is, you cant beat it :)

22. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

whatever

I am ordering the 32GB black right now, even though I had my heart set on white....

maybe someone will want to do an exchange on it
    or Apple finds it in their hearts to do a free exchange when the white is available.

I never got the 3Gs, but wasn't there something with the white one at launch? I heard someone make mention of it on these forums.....

23. bassjunky macrumors regular

I can't believe people give so much of a crap about fingerprints :confused:

24. omizzle macrumors regular