If you guys think the iPhone 5 screen is beautiful, you really need to take a look at

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nimski62, Sep 21, 2012.

1. nimski62 macrumors regular

The htc one x. I own both phones, (5 and one x) and the iPhone 5 screen looks exactly the same as my iPhone 4/4s. Just longer. Color looks the same and so does brightness. The one x screen as a daily driver for the past 2 months is just absolutely incredible. It's like the icons are floating on the screen, even at medium brightness. I was expecting the 5s screen to have a lot more pop to it. Anyways, still a great phone. Just thought I'd share my observation.

2. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

I think it looks hyped, over saturated.

3. nimski62 thread starter macrumors regular

Not really as its not an AMOLED screen it's a normal LCD. Just very vivid with accurate colors IMO.

4. phearx macrumors regular

Just because it isn't an amoled screen doesn't mean it can't be viewed as overly saturated.

5. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i actually think my 5 looks worse than my iPhone 4

6. rsnc macrumors regular

I find the iPhone 5 screen to have very good color..noticeable difference compared to my 4

7. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I have a 4, 4s and two 5s sitting in front of me and the 5s have a brighter and more richer screen. Reviews also mention the same. Maybe yours has some glue that needs to dry? Give it a few days

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well, the One X screen is larger. I'm sure if Apple had a 4.7" screen, it would look just as good as the One X. The iPhone screen is still awesome to be so small compared to them, but a larger HD screen will always look better than a smaller HD screen.

9. profets macrumors 68040

From most reviews, and what I've seen in person myself as well, the One X's screen was the first to really match the quality and near PPI of the iPhone screen. It seemed like AMOLED was going to be the future but these high density LCDs recently are just stunning, and Samsung after the Galaxy Nexus and S3 still haven't been able to create a 720p screen with full RGB sub pixel.

I'm quite interested to see the 4.3" 720p LCD HTC is using in their 8X Windows Phone.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

First thing I noticed was the screen looks phenomenal

11. bobTX10 macrumors member

I saw the iPhone 5 today at the store. Great color saturation. I would say a little better than the 4 no doubt but having the one x I know what you mean. Still amazed at the screen for the size. Like you said the icons just "float". Whether it's better or worse than iPhone that's still personal opinion. All these high end phones have great screens though

12. lzyprson macrumors regular

You should be banned from posting this crap in here...

13. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I haven't sen a cell phone with an amoled screen that didn't look unnatural/over saturated. I can't stand those samsung displays....

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I think you're in the wrong forum, dude.