If you had AppleCare+, would you still use a case / screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlvinNguyen, Mar 9, 2012.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I'm debating whether I want to get the Spigen Glas.t screen protector ($30 shipped) - I hate the feeling of screen protectors so I feel like the glass one might do the trick.

Thing is, I already have AppleCare+ on this 4S. Does anyone else have AppleCare+ and still rock a case or screen protector?

2. ShivneelSingh macrumors member

I have AppleCare+ but I still have the SPG Glas.t on my 4S.
    I do not use any cases, I hate cases so much, they ruin the experience of having a thin and beautiful phone. I've dropped my 4S many times but this thing is a tank! There are some dings scratches on the metal band but who cares, Apple will replace it if I take it in to a store.
    The only reason I have the Glas.t is for a little protection. Last weekend I dropped my phone at the beach parking lot but my screen didn't shatter, only part of the Glas.t shattered.
    If you want to protect your screen, buy the Glas.t, it seriously feels as smooth as the glass on the iPhone, and has the oleophobic coating.

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

To be honest OP, this is just a personal choice.

Because you have Applecare +, you know that if you drop the phone and shatter the glass, you can get a replacement for $49 plus tax. That is a lot of piece of mind.

I use a case because I just find it easier to hold the phone with one. The iPhone 4S is a slippery little sucker. Screen protectors you can go with or without. I don't think it really makes a lot of difference.

----------

I bought two of these this week and I screwed them both up putting them on. Remember, you only get one shot to put these on correctly.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have apple care + and still use a case and screen protector. I like to keep my things nice. I was my car and wax it too, even though I pay insurance on it quarterly. :)

----------

+1 on this. The best screen protector I have used, and I have used MANY.

5. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

I do not use a screen protector or case, I have a smart cover but that is only for when I drop it in the bag. Same thing with the iPhone you would be surprised how resilient the screens are, then again I like to use it how it was designed to use not 6 additional layers of stuff that take away from the experience. That is just me.

6. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

I have AppleCare+ and use an Element Formula 4. I actually like the feel of the phone better.

7. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I've used the original iPhone, iPhone 3G and currently the iPhone 4. I've never purchased AppleCare or used a case.

The original and iPhone 4 still look new. The plastic back on the 3G is slightly scratched and dull now.

Cases are ok for some, but I've never had a use for them.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

9. Almy macrumors 6502

I have AppleCare+ and used to use an otterbox defender. I don't now. But I do use a screen protector. I thought I would give it a try without it and I noticed a scratch on the screen within the first day, I'm a machinist.

10. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

Because of the environment I'm in, I have mine in a Lifeproof case. Back in the States, I'll go without a case. I find the wear & tear gives my devices character.

11. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I do, but mainly because I use my iPhone at the gym. Weights, bodyweights, jumping, cardio stuff.....I HATE using armbands, so I keep it in my pocket or on the shelf of the cardio machine. I'm sure a case protects my iPhone from typical bumps and drops, but I'll be damned if I accidentally swing a weight into my phone, drop a weight on it, or drop my phone off the cardio machine and down to the second story of the gym.