If you had the choice of just one to fix the economy, which people say is broken:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 8, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

1. raise taxes
    2. cut spending
    3. find means to actually increase the labor pool with decent paying jobs to pay for necessities, even college for the degrees that business want people to have
    4. combination of any of the above
    5. None of the above
    6. Any except #4 :p

Which would you do?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Cut tax loopholes, divert money going to special interests to supporting small businesses that have to compete against those special interests.

Ensure everyone pays into federal income tax so that they fund the government they vote for. It's easy to vote for someone else to give you free stuff.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

How about properly budgeting? Seems like as long as they improperly budget, nothing will fix things.

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

1. Is contractionary.
    2) Is contractionary.
    3) Is gibberish.

5. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Thank you for a serious response. I hope you're including how much more we spend to corporate welfare when talking about "free stuff". I think you'd be very much surprised if you had researched. I think the closest any candidate in recent times has said to mentioning it at all would be Donald Trump? --> http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/trump-cruz-president/2016/04/05/id/722291/ (Noting the source being right-wing biased, it's interesting when they too say what left-wing biased sites have said about corporate welfare being 2x that of social freebies. )

As revenues go down, how do you compensate? Is there a point where it becomes impossible to fix things? How much needs to be spelled out to you regarding problem versus symptom masquerading as problem? Especially when all you need to know is hidden in plain sight with big signs by the very same MSM. But it all depends on the problem and how willing people are to listen.

1. Contradictory to what? Raising taxes brings in revenue to pay for all bills. How simple is that?
    2. Contradictory to what? Cutting spending is the inverse condition that yields a similar net effect for bills that are given higher priority. That's pretty simple too, apart from which bills have to get cut. What would you cut and why?
    3. Maybe without a frame of reference or without complete context. If not base ignorance, #3 is not too difficult to understand. I agree with you that #6 is definitely gibberish. Maybe you put in a typo from your numeric keypad? Unless it's a Mac you use, they lack numeric keypads... But you don't seem to want to live as decently as your parents had since they had much nicer incomes and value for their work they contributed.

Art is subjective. But I only spelled out some options. Was hoping for a bit more substance. But, as with a previous response, I understand a lot more now. What you think that is... not my concern.

Seriously? Might work, I suppose. Such a condition would help ensure that "trickle down economics" would finally do what was claimed 36 years ago.

6. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

Cut taxes on small businesses and institute a new tax bracket at the top.

7. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Term limits on congress. The rest will sort it's self out.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

#1 and #2 are routine measures that government normally undertakes.

#3 is an outcome, not a government policy.

So yeah. Do #1. And do #2 too.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Raise taxes and cut military spending. That may not do everything but it'll go a long way.