if you had to buy a phone but couldn't get and i phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan101, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ethan101 macrumors member

hello

i have been looking around for a new phone and i have an ipod touch. i would really like an iphone but i think i will wait until they are officially released here (canada). now i know the the iphone is #1 but i would like to get the next best thing and wanted some opinions of people on this site.

(please avoid posting that you wouldn't buy a phone other then a iphone)

thanks for all the help
    Ethan

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Let me think out loud, for just a minute. You want an iPhone, but you don't want to buy one NOW; and you show-up at an iPhone forum, but you want to only hear from people that "would buy a phone other than an iPhone." I might suggest the AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile or AllTel websites, or check the threads regarding "what is the #2 cell phone" 'cause you might have better luck with those forums. :confused::eek:

3. volsfan865 macrumors newbie

4. ethan101 thread starter macrumors member

the main reason for coming to an iphone website is because i own many different apple products and have gotten great advice from the knowledgeable people from this site. also i would like to get the advice from people who have owned both an iphone and other phones to get a good comparison(its hard to get a comparison from people who do not own an iphone).

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

First of all, he says he wants an iPhone now, but he's waiting till he can purchase one in Canada (where iPhones aren't available right now). Your reply wasn't very helpful.

To the OP - I've heard really good things about the Blackberry Pearl and Blackberry Curve. Most sites seem to rate them pretty highly. If those are available, you might want to take a look at them.

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

As the guy above me said, the BlackBerry Curve looks pretty cool, and supposedly has great call quality. I would wait until June however, because Apple may announce a Candadian iPhone at WWDC (June 9th-13th). And if they don't, there's always the Sprint Samsung Instinct.

All the best
    ~Austin~

Edit: The BlackBerry Pearl is actually my favorite BlackBerry, it's a pleasure to use.

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

8. ethan101 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the help. i will be looking forward to june. i hope they announce a release date for the Iphone in Canada.

Ethan

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you are waiting for June, I'd just get a cheap one to hold you over until then.

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

Nokia N95 8gb version is fab i thought, had this at the same time as iphone..does alot of things iphone didnt jus lil things eg mms and bluetooth caabilities and gaming java based and 5 mp camera although if you want a camera phone i would highly recommend you go for a sony ericsson phone- one from a cybershot series...lg viewty is an okish phone also with the touch screen though its not as good sensor as iphone obvious reasons...have a look into them i guess

hope that helps

if you rnot in a rush wait for the iphone though cos once its 3g and has (hopefully) got basic stuff its gonna be an awesome device

11. Surely Guest

Surely

I'd recommend the Sony Ericsson w810i. It's a great phone with excellent reception, good speakerphone, camera with flash, bluetooth, an excellent music player with great sound (it is a Sony), and it has an FM radio built in. I bought it unlocked on eBay for my wife while I was still living in Toronto, and until I got my iPhone, I wanted to steal it from her. :D

12. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Get a cheap phone. If you've an iPod Touch then you have all the other bells and whistles anyway.