If you had to choose between the iPad and the iPhone, which would you rather have?

If you had to choose between the two, which one would you rather own?

• iPad

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • iPhone

Votes: 58 68.2%

• Total voters

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
For whatever reason, if you could only have one of either the iPad or the iPhone, which would you rather own? What would make you choose one over the other?

I posted this on the iPhone board and got some pretty good responses and somebody suggested that I should ask the same question here and see what the responses were going be.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I voted iPad because I'm still stuck in the dark ages :eek: with no iPhone/smartphone since I only use my cell for occasional calls. I do like the form and function of the iPhone but my cell stays turned off more than on so I doubt I'd use it very much anyway.

Hankcah

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
The iPhone, since it can fit in my pocket, and can use it anywhere. If I tried to shove an iPad into my pocket I would be walking funny. And I can't just whip out an iPad without being noticed, or use it with one hand very easily.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
No one every TALKS anymore with Texting/iMessage or BBM, E-Mail, Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc.

I would pick the iPad (3G/LTE) because of it.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Tough one. If I had to absolutely choose though, I'd probably pick the iPhone just for the reason that I'd be able to make a cellular phone call.

jsmith1

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Not even close for me iPad all the way, in fact the only reason I have an iPhone is because I'm staying with the iPad and wanted the phone to be on same OS.

I carry my iPad everywhere and really would even be happy with just a dumbphone that calls and text only. I don't even use my phone for going on the internet but very rarely anymore.

iPad with 3g(unlimited plan) and WiFi.....why would I need anything else out and about.:)

ghostworld

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2012
I would not want to live in that world! :p
But if I had to choose I pick iPhone. It's easier to take everywhere with you.

davenz

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
Ipad. There are plenty of decent andriod phones, iPad is the only decent tablet.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
ipad.

There is no tablet even close to the ipad, but iphone is no longer such a standout phone. There are many choices in the phone market and many offer advantages over the iphone.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
My current setup is iPad with no iPhone. Nexus S providing data to the iPad on the road.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
iPad for sure. Love that thing. The only reason I keep an iPhone around is for the continuity of the apps and iOS specific features. Otherwise, I could probably just do with a cheap Android version.