If you had to choose between the iPad and the iPhone, which would you rather have?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saintforlife, Mar 7, 2012.

?

If you had to choose between the two, which one would you rather own?

1. iPad

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. iPhone

58 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

For whatever reason, if you could only have one of either the iPad or the iPhone, which would you rather own? What would make you choose one over the other?

I posted this on the iPhone board and got some pretty good responses and somebody suggested that I should ask the same question here and see what the responses were going be.

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I voted iPad because I'm still stuck in the dark ages :eek: with no iPhone/smartphone since I only use my cell for occasional calls. I do like the form and function of the iPhone but my cell stays turned off more than on so I doubt I'd use it very much anyway.

3. Hankcah macrumors regular

The iPhone, since it can fit in my pocket, and can use it anywhere. If I tried to shove an iPad into my pocket I would be walking funny. And I can't just whip out an iPad without being noticed, or use it with one hand very easily.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

No one every TALKS anymore with Texting/iMessage or BBM, E-Mail, Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc.

I would pick the iPad (3G/LTE) because of it.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Tough one. If I had to absolutely choose though, I'd probably pick the iPhone just for the reason that I'd be able to make a cellular phone call.

6. jsmith1 macrumors member

Not even close for me iPad all the way, in fact the only reason I have an iPhone is because I'm staying with the iPad and wanted the phone to be on same OS.

I carry my iPad everywhere and really would even be happy with just a dumbphone that calls and text only. I don't even use my phone for going on the internet but very rarely anymore.

iPad with 3g(unlimited plan) and WiFi.....why would I need anything else out and about.:)

7. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

iPhone...

It's great not having to choose just one, though :)

8. ghostworld macrumors member

ghostworld

I would not want to live in that world! :p
    But if I had to choose I pick iPhone. It's easier to take everywhere with you.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

iPad would be my choice as I can use my GS2 or Blackberry 9900.

10. bigjobby macrumors 65816

iPhone. The iPad is just a tad too big for my pocket but its still a great device.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

12. davenz macrumors regular

Ipad. There are plenty of decent andriod phones, iPad is the only decent tablet.

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This

14. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

iPad 3 (or whatever it's being called R.... HD.... 2s)!! Surely??!!

15. sbddude macrumors 6502a

ipad.

There is no tablet even close to the ipad, but iphone is no longer such a standout phone. There are many choices in the phone market and many offer advantages over the iphone.

16. kap09 macrumors 6502

My current setup is iPad with no iPhone. Nexus S providing data to the iPad on the road.

17. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

iPad for sure. Love that thing. The only reason I keep an iPhone around is for the continuity of the apps and iOS specific features. Otherwise, I could probably just do with a cheap Android version.