If you had to choose between the iPhone and the iPad, which would you rather have?

If you had to choose between the two, which one would you rather own?

• iPhone

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • iPad

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
For whatever reason, if you could only have one of either the iPhone or the iPad, which would you rather own? What would make you choose one over the other?

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
iphone because its my primary device for communication, media consumption on the go, and I have access to laptop when I need a work machine.
For me, the ipad is a great consumer of data but not good for producing work (typing on it is still hard for me..)

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
iPhone does more things and goes with you anywhere.

The only people that will end up picking the iPad over the iPhone are those w/ Android & Windows phones already ;)

jkeith0919

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
While I absolutely love my iPad, I would for sure keep my iPhone if I could only have one.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
Even though I cannot wait for the iPad 3... I have to say iPhone. I use it for too many things too often to want to give it up.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Aberglasslyn, NSW, AU
I voted iPad, the way I see it, I could get similar features and hardware in an android phone and just mod it to do what my iPhone does, where as no Android tablet I have used yet comes close to the capabilities of my iPad, the interface is laggy on android tabs and the drivers are poorly written.

KingJosh

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2012
Australia
iPad for sure. Watch movies properly. Read eBooks properly. I use my iPhone as an actual phone probably once a month if that.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I voted for the phone, because it's still the perfect all in one device. Don't get me wrong, the ipad is great and sales--especially compared to its android/blackberry competitors--attest to that.
I can live without my ipad for a week. I can't do that with my phone.

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
I would keep my iPad. I use it everyday for work and at home. I've found that I use my phone less and less since I've had the ipad. I'd still rather have both but I'd give up the phone before the iPad.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
iPad is pointless. Tablets are between phones and laptops, they don't have a place in the industry.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
iPhone easy.

The only reason I would get an iPad is if I started to travel more for business. Otherwise a nice computer and iPhone is all I need.

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Suggestion

Did you poll this in the IPad section yet? Try it there to see if you'd still get the same results. You might still get same results but just curious as folks visiting IPad but not iPhone section might miss it.

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
iPhone definitely. For me I have an alternative to the iPad, my laptop. Theres not alternative to the iPhone, no way I'm using an android windows or blackberry.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
iPad. My eyes feel much better while using the iPad instead of the cramped iPhone real estate. IMO smartphones are good for on the go reference. I have even stopped gaming on mine now that i got a tablet. Squinting can only be fun for so long. I can survive with a feature phone as long as i have my tablet. If we are talking windows phone or android though, then it is really not an issue since both can do what iPhone can, just different.

----------

iPad is pointless. Tablets are between phones and laptops, they don't have a place in the industry.
We will see how that goes once tablets do everything a laptop does in the future. Never underestimate a technology.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
iPhone without a second thought.

I have both & could easily do without the iPad. Now that the newness has worn off, the iPad is nearly irrelevant. Yet I have a full compliment of Macs, which reduces my need for a tablet to zero.

Others new to the brand, simply seeking to be part of the movement, are drawn to the low price and trendy image. It's win win since no skill is required and they can easily keep up with the Jones's.