If you had to choose between the iPhone and the iPad, which would you rather have?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Mar 6, 2012.

?

If you had to choose between the two, which one would you rather own?

1. iPhone

90 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. iPad

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

For whatever reason, if you could only have one of either the iPhone or the iPad, which would you rather own? What would make you choose one over the other?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

iphone as it is a phone/ipod/garmin/calender/webdevice/game system and fits in my pocket

3. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

iphone because its my primary device for communication, media consumption on the go, and I have access to laptop when I need a work machine.
    For me, the ipad is a great consumer of data but not good for producing work (typing on it is still hard for me..)

4. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

iPhone. It's a need, while the iPad's a want.

5. ap3604 macrumors 68000

iPhone does more things and goes with you anywhere.

The only people that will end up picking the iPad over the iPhone are those w/ Android & Windows phones already ;)

6. jkeith0919 macrumors member

While I absolutely love my iPad, I would for sure keep my iPhone if I could only have one.

7. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

iPhone, no doubt. I don't even have an iPad. My MacBook Air does exactly what I would need an iPad to do.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'd also pick my iPhone, it does all, though I love having both.

9. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

iPhone for sure. I can have both now and I still don't want an iPad.

10. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Even though I cannot wait for the iPad 3... I have to say iPhone. I use it for too many things too often to want to give it up.

11. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I voted iPad, the way I see it, I could get similar features and hardware in an android phone and just mod it to do what my iPhone does, where as no Android tablet I have used yet comes close to the capabilities of my iPad, the interface is laggy on android tabs and the drivers are poorly written.

12. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

iPhone without a doubt, the iPad is a nice lap toy....but that's about it.

13. KingJosh macrumors 6502

KingJosh

iPad for sure. Watch movies properly. Read eBooks properly. I use my iPhone as an actual phone probably once a month if that.

14. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I voted for the phone, because it's still the perfect all in one device. Don't get me wrong, the ipad is great and sales--especially compared to its android/blackberry competitors--attest to that.
    I can live without my ipad for a week. I can't do that with my phone.

15. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

I would keep my iPad. I use it everyday for work and at home. I've found that I use my phone less and less since I've had the ipad. I'd still rather have both but I'd give up the phone before the iPad.

16. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

iPad is pointless. Tablets are between phones and laptops, they don't have a place in the industry.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would chose the iPhone. Does everything an iPad can, but it fits in my pocket.

18. andyx3x macrumors 65816

iPhone easy.

The only reason I would get an iPad is if I started to travel more for business. Otherwise a nice computer and iPhone is all I need.

19. JagsFan829 macrumors member

JagsFan829

Definitely the iPhone. I can't live without the iPhone!

20. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I don't have to choose. Pointless question.

21. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Practically everyone is going for the iPhone, and I'm no exception.

22. harpyeagle macrumors regular

Suggestion

Did you poll this in the IPad section yet? Try it there to see if you'd still get the same results. You might still get same results but just curious as folks visiting IPad but not iPhone section might miss it.

23. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

iPhone definitely. For me I have an alternative to the iPad, my laptop. Theres not alternative to the iPhone, no way I'm using an android windows or blackberry.

24. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

iPad. My eyes feel much better while using the iPad instead of the cramped iPhone real estate. IMO smartphones are good for on the go reference. I have even stopped gaming on mine now that i got a tablet. Squinting can only be fun for so long. I can survive with a feature phone as long as i have my tablet. If we are talking windows phone or android though, then it is really not an issue since both can do what iPhone can, just different.

----------

We will see how that goes once tablets do everything a laptop does in the future. Never underestimate a technology.

25. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

iPhone without a second thought.

I have both & could easily do without the iPad. Now that the newness has worn off, the iPad is nearly irrelevant. Yet I have a full compliment of Macs, which reduces my need for a tablet to zero.

Others new to the brand, simply seeking to be part of the movement, are drawn to the low price and trendy image. It's win win since no skill is required and they can easily keep up with the Jones's.