If you HAD to choose between Windows or Android Phone which would you choose and why?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Wrathwitch, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Title says it all.

I am a huge iPhone fan. Have no plans on switching, but I suppose if I HAD to, I would consider the New Nokia Lumia 900 with Windows OS just to see what Windows can do now on a phone. Second possibilit would be the Newest Samsung Galaxy phone.

How about you guys? If you HAD to choose, which would you pick and why?

WW

2. thenerdal macrumors 65816

3. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Already made this choice and gone WP7. I have nothing against Android but Windows Phone is the fastest, smoothest OS i have seen. Plus i like the Zunepass feature. I can easily switch back to Android if i needed to though. I prefer their selection of phones.

4. RayK macrumors 6502

Seems like Windows Phone has the better setup. I want something I don't have to fix constantly tho.

5. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

WP7.

Android if you're the guy who likes spending time searching for ROMS.

I like WP7 for the original interface and the very smooth touch to it.

7. scott craft macrumors 6502a

On the Windows Phones you have used exactly what sucked about them?

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

8. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I'd take android over windows phone. Windows phone is like a compromise between iphone's no customization and android's full customization. Unfortunately, I don't like the tiles set up of windows phone. I find it to be ugly. That being said, I prefer to be able to set my phone up however I'd like to.

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have never used a Windows phone, and even though I have used an Android phone and wasn't too impressed, I would go with Android over Windows.

11. b24pgg macrumors 65816

What's up with all the unused space on the right side of the home screen in Windows Phone 7? Seems like such a poor design decision. I can't be the only one who finds this annoying.

[​IMG]

Not what the OP was asking.

12. cynics macrumors G3

Android. I've had great experiences with Honeycomb and ICS rom.

I'd only pick that cause of my good experience I have no actual experience with a windows phone. I wouldn't mind to try one out though.

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

For a better user interface, stability, games, updates, and better media program (Zune) to sync your media files - Windows Phone

For more customization, practical & cheaper apps, & better hardware & variety for phones - Android

For me, I made the choice to WP. Nothing against Android, but it isn't cohesive or stable enough for me. And this 2nd gen, batt life seems to be improving for WP phones. If you think about it, WP's best strengths mirrors iOS alot being a more closed platform while Android's GUI looks a bit more like iOS. But there are a few annoyances I still have with WP including basic things missing and apps. The Facebook, IMDB, and ESPN all suck compared to the iOS counterpart. If you want better all-around, iPhones really are the better choice. But as an iOS alternative, give me WP with some of Android's hardware and customization strengths. My first choice that is a non-iPhone might be the Lumia 900 followed by the Samsung Galaxy S III whenever that gets announced next month at MWC. And the Galaxy Note is still on my radar.

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This.

I like the WP7 a lot, but unfortunately I like my iPhone even more.

My choice would be:
    1. iPhone/iOS
    2. Windows Phone 7/Metro
    3. Palm/Web OS
    4. Android

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Android because I've used that before and I don't like the Metro interface of WP7

16. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Your choice of mobile computing platform makes me angry and agitated. There's something wrong with me. ;)

17. penfan82 macrumors regular

18. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

This

Go android.

19. JohnnySon macrumors newbie

Windows phone 7 for sure. I used Android for a long time and it's too buggy.bad battery life too. Windows phone 7 looks like the perfect mix between iOS and android.

20. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Latest Android phone you had?

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The mostly useless iPhone lockscreen bothers me more, and that empty space doesn't bother me at all. I would choose WP7 because Android feels too similar to iOS.

22. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Wp7 phones need to be media friendly. At least get some zune like music quality instead of just ripping the interface.

23. Calidude, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Considering that we are all fans of iOS, and that Windows Phone is closer to iOS in terms of style, simplicity and speed than Android, the only logical choice would be Windows Phone. It's more of a good "middle ground" than the other option.

Let's face it, Microsoft knows more than Google when it comes to OS'es. In a couple years time, Windows Phone will be great, but it came to the party too late. I wouldn't personally switch to Windows Phone until Apollo comes out during Fall 2012.

Android is a customizer's dream, but using that OS is like running Linux without the stability of a typical desktop Linux distribution. Google doesn't know what they're doing and it shows, despite their large cashflow. I'd rather have a truly open source OS in the hands of the community at large like Meego than Android, which isn't very "open" despite Google's claims. I feel like Android is always in a state of being rushed out to people so that Google can snap up whatever data they enter into it. So yeah, I don't feel like using an unstable OS AND handing out my data to an advertising company.

24. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

Well since iPhone does exist, I'd rather choose iPhone then anything else.

25. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

What is wrong with you? The OP is asking a simple question and you have to make this nonsense post that helps nobody.