If you had to choose

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
Do you already have a phone?
Do you have already have a computer?
Do you want a mobile computer?
Do you want a mobile computer that needs to fit in your pocket?

If I had neither a phone, nor a computer then I would choose an iPhone.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Wait until today and check out the iPad mini. Maybe that's your best bet.

However, if you don't have a phone and need one, then the choice is easy - go for the phone.

I need a phone and have the iPhone 5. That was my first venture to Apple products. From there I got the MacBook Pro and then the iPad. I absolutely love my iPad and use it pretty much exclusively for leisure type web surfing, paying bills, etc. I could do without the laptop if I had to give one up. But if I could only have either the iPhone or the iPad, then I would have to say the iPhone cause it can do anything an iPad can do and also can make phone calls. It's really the most versatile.

Last edited:

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
Wait until today and check out the iPad mini. Maybe that's your best bet.

However, if you don't have a phone and need one, then the choice is easy - go for the phone.

I need a phone and have the iPhone 5. That was my first venture to Apple products. From there I got the MacBook Pro and then the iPad. I absolutely love my iPad and use it pretty much exclusively for leisure type web surfing, paying bills, etc. I could do without the laptop if I had to give one up. But if I could only have either the iPhone or the iPad, then I would have to say the iPhone cause it can do anything an iPad can do and also can make phone calls. It's really the most versatile.
well it can't do everything the iPad can do but app wise they are similar but there are a bunch of apps enhanced for the iPad only.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
That's like asking if I had to choose, would I buy a car or a boat? Apples and oranges.
No. A boat is not a big version if a car. Therefore not comparable.
I am so tired of this apple and oranges thing. There are other things close in shape, that can be compared besides the two most obvious things on the planet.

----------

exactly. Two totally different basic functions.
The basic function being of both...that they have the same touch screen and most of the same apps.
Yeah, nothing basically the same at all there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.