If you had to have two phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayneholbrook, Apr 26, 2012.

1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

If you had to have two phones and one is obviously an iPhone, would your other phone be a Android or a windows phone?

I have an iPhone as my personal phone and my work is giving us the option on what phone they will supply us with. I really don't want to carry two iPhones so I wanted to see which of the two I should go with?

Thanks for your comments

2. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Phone 1-HTC One S to have Sense 4
    Phone 2-Galaxy Nexus to have Stock ICS

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I wouldn't mine going for the Nokia Lumia. I had the Samsung Focus, liked it a lot until it went swimming in the Bahamas.

4. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

No iPhone????? WTF?

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'd go for the Lumia - it's what I currently use.

6. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

I'm leaning a lot to the Nokia or HTC. I know Samsung is about to make an announcement on May 3 for the G3 but I don't think that will be in thevUSA for a few months and I have to make a decision by Monday

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Jumping ship- iOS is too limited, I was jailbroken for several months it was okay...but Android ICS is the real deal

EDIT- Galaxy S3 won't be in US until August at the earliest, get HTC One X, most complete phone on the market today. Dual core, 8MP camera, 720p hd display, beats audio and it runs android ics, you can't go wrong with that.

8. kailibur macrumors member

i would get a nokia just to test the theory of their indestructibleness-- yes i just made up a word-- you better run george w. bush!!

9. iRobajob macrumors newbie

iRobajob

Primary Phone: iPhone

Secondary phone(if I had to): gnex

10. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd take:
    Main phone: HTC Titan
    Backup phone: iPhone 4s

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

12. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

If I had to have two phones... one would be an iPhone and, if I really had to have another phone, it'd be a land-line. Carrying two cell phones would seem silly and I'd end up frustrated since I'd probably always grab the wrong one.

13. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

I guess if your using the phone for business it's either the Android or the Windows phone and you are buying into a platform. My iPhone I love but that will be my personal phone.

So it comes down to me which platform has the most potential for what I need it for which is business. They will both improve over the years and it always comes down to user preference but I wanted to get some input from real users out there who might know better than me on what platform has more potential so a year down the road I'm not swapping platforms again.

14. BiggAW macrumors 68020

AT&T iPhone 4S
    DROID RAZR MAXX

That way I'd have one on each carrier, both the best phone on their respective carrier.

If my second had to be on the AT&T family plan, maybe a Nexus S for ICS on a 4" screen? Or the LG Thrill or that crappy Pantech one, just because it's not so big. Really, I'm not sure.

15. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

iPhone and either a Lumia 900 or a Galaxy Nexus.

Probably the Nexus, as I could easily get a tethering app. Also a much better app selection than Windows Phone.

And it would work with my upcoming pebble watch.

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I have not yet been presented with a reason why having 2 iPhones is a bad idea.

I guess you'd have to explain that part better before I'd change my answer away from '2 iPhones.'

17. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

This. I had a thread where I was torn between the two. Having both would be fantastic.

18. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've carried two smartphones (and often a third) for years. But I'm addicted to multi-platforms when it comes to mobile communications & computing. Laptops and Smartphones are my constant tech companions. I have an assortment of business & casual cases/bags etc to carry them in so it's easy to bring the devices of choice for any particular day.

Although I'm into choices and variety, my primary choice of computers is, and has been MacBook Pros.

The iPhone is my primary smartphone of choice, with the Samsung Galaxy Series being a very close second. Apples iPhone is beginning to frustrate me for just one reason, it's tiny screen. If I didn't have these gorgeous large Android 4+" displays I wouldn't be so spoiled. Windows as implemented on my Lumia is not bad, yet I'm not that fond of it's Social Media Centric orientation.

If Apple goes with 4.3" or larger, i'll be extremely pleased. At 4.0" or less it's still incapable of returning a ratio of 16:9, which is ideal for videos. 4.3" produces a perfect 16:9 while the phone can be kept very compact.

At the end of the day, if Apple is going to remain current, they will give up being stubborn and increase the display size. It's no secret that they programmed the public to accept what they make, nor will I abandon the iPhone. I will simply demote it to a secondary phone within my selection of smartphones.

19. phillyi macrumors member

im probably in the minority here but my other phone would have to be a blackberry bold 9900. great phone in terms of functionality if you want a phone that can just do the basics ie email, txt, web without all the extra bells and whistles like games and app store and all that. i know that wasnt one of the choices OP gave...

20. rosemary1 macrumors regular

If I had to have two phones, they would be:

1) iPhone 4S - officially unlocked by AT&T, which I'll be keeping forever
    2) The next iPhone that I buy

I still have my old RAZR dumb phone - I think I'd rather use that than a non-iPhone smart phone.

21. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

22. mrbutters macrumors regular

I have both. My iPhone has become a nice paperweight lately though. Will probably sell it soon

23. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

Phone 2 : iPhone (first generation)
    Phone 1 : iPhone 4s

24. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I'm going to be controversial and say my second phone would be a Blackberry. But it would reside in my briefcase rather than my pocket. I hate carrying 2 phones BUT in Europe at least for work email, Blackberry still beats the iPhone 4S hands down. The iPhone 4S is a vast improvement on network connectivity BUT still in the UK your reception can be patchy for data...Works perfectly in wi-fi though. That been said, I couldn't do without my 4S and the screen size is perfect for my needs but then again I also carry an iPad in my briefcase so if I need a bigger screen, I whip that bad boy out.

25. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I'm satisfied with my current phones.

Main:
    [​IMG]

Backup:
    [​IMG]