If you have a 6 or 6Plus & getting AppleWatch how will u use Applepay? Phone or Watch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stayfly2407, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

This is why I went back to a 64g 5S. I know I'm getting the AppleWatch which has NFC/Applepay built in, so it'll work with the 5S. But for those of you that have 6 and 6Plus's and getting the watch. Will you ever use Applepay from your phone anymore?? I mean if you're at the register ready to pay, your phones in your pocket but your wrist is already up to the counter....So which one will you use for Applepay now at this point?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Neither. I would get my cash or cards out. Until 'Applepay' or NFC is adopted everywhere, and paying that way is commonplace, then I feel it's a waste of time. Also, having to explain what I'm doing to the cashier (and looking a right prat in the process) would get old very quickly.

3. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

considering i can't get touch id to work, i'll hopefully be using the watch, assuming i get the watch, which i would love to do.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'll be using my card because Apple pay isn't supported by my bank.

5. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

I used it before, I never had to explain anything to the cashier, hold the phone to the terminal while your thumb is on the home button and it's done. So the watch will be the same way, just double click the side button first then wave wrist to the terminal and it's done. Just wondering for those with both, which will you use now.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Explaining what you're doing is doing it wrong. In fact, saying you're going to use Apple Pay usually do more harm than good. The least you need to say is "Credit" or "I'm going to pay with credit" but only if the terminal needs to be activated first for NFC (depending on the retailer).

----------

I'll use the Apple Watch. Why take the phone out of the pocket if I can use the Watch? That's kind of a silly question.

7. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Uhh...

I'd use whatever was most convenient at the time.

Sometimes I have my phone already in hand, other times I'll pull up my sleeve.

8. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I can't see myself using the phone when I have the watch on. I guess if my phone was already out or something I may tap it, but I try not to be on my phone when checking out. I have been the one dealing with the rude person using their phone and it is annoying.

Also I really don't understand the people who come in to a thread specifically asking how you will use apple pay to just say they won't or can't. Nobody cares.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended