If you have a preorder or are on a waiting list at Radioshack READ THIS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rangrbob, Sep 29, 2013.

1. rangrbob macrumors member

Many radioshacks are no longer authorized to sell any iPhones anymore. This includes those that are on waiting lists and have preorders after a certain date. They are suppose to call you and tell you, but we all know how good retail employees are at that. If you have a preorder or are on a waiting list for an iPhone of any type from any network I would call and make sure yours can still sell one to you. If they can't they will direct you to a different radioshack nearby that can.

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I have one - number 1 on the list. I heard from the guy saying they didn't have any but maybe Tuesday the 24th. He said no Radio Shacks in Maine had any or any word.
    Haven't heard from the guy since then - Don't really cared I ordered from Verizon and it is, according to FedEx being delivered tomorrow.

Figured something might be up if they hadn't gotten any in a week.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Source for this claim?

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

5. 1981d macrumors regular

One of the radio shacks in my area said that their location couldn't sell iPhones for "fraud reasons". I took it to mean that they had had issues with employees in the past either stealing them or helping others to steal them from that location.

6. rangrbob, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

rangrbob thread starter macrumors member

7. dazedxar macrumors member

My local Radioshack said they can't open new contracts for the 5s. However, if you are upgrading to the 5s, they are able to do that for you.

8. rangrbob thread starter macrumors member

Fraud reasons would mean that people purchased then did not pay on their contract. RadioShack is out the kickback from the carrier and looses money.

----------

This would be due to fraud.

9. blazinz macrumors regular

I picked up a 5s on Saturday morning from RS. No mention of this during my transaction. But pretty cool finding one at small store only 1 mile from my house on a whim .

10. macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

I picked up two Saturday

I was on a list at my closest RS, they did not come in and I spoke with the manager who said his store cannot sell AT&T iPhones anymore but they can sell the other carriers, he directed me to the Boca Raton store in Boca Towne Center. it's 2 minute walk from the Apple Store who was out of stock. the service and knowledgable staff at that store were amazing, so try there if in S FL area

11. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

Odd...my local Radio Shack has them in stock right now. I was just in there today and they had a silver one in the case. I asked to see it to see if I liked it any better than my space gray one. I didn't. I asked if they had Gold and they said no, just a couple silver and a few gray.

12. RolandNights, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I went on Saturday to see if they had any in stock. I was in the shopping plaza so I figured I'd just look, but not buy since my upgrade wasn't until the following Tuesday.

The guy said he could order one for me if they didn't. I told him specifically that I was just asking, but my early upgrade wasn't up for another few days. What he said next threw me off. He said, "Oh that's no big deal. It shows up earlier in our system."

How does it show up earlier??? Sprint, bestbuy.com, apple.com all tell me I'm not due until 10/01. I mean, it's per my contract that I'm not due for an early upgrade until x amount of months prior to my contract end-date, so how could Radioshack magically give me the early upgrade pricing out of contract? That was just fishy to me.

Edit: I should clarify that he was actually looking to sell me the phone, not place me on a waiting list. He said specifically I could pay for it right then and there at the subsidized price and it would ship to my house within a few days. Granted, he couldn't do it since they didn't have any gold models at their local warehouse, but nonetheless it was a little fishy.

13. rangrbob thread starter macrumors member

Some maybe most can still sell them, others can not. It does not show up earlier in their system, though usually if you are eligible in a certain month you are allowed to upgrade on the first of that month.

14. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Yeah, my contract is up 02/13/14, but I'm eligible for an early upgrade on 10/01/13. He wanted to get me the subsidized pricing on 09/28/13.