If you have an Early(Before August) iPhone 4 what color is your Camera Lens?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Absolem, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Absolem macrumors regular

I had to swap my july iphone for a new one today and I swear the lense is different and it doesn't seem to take as great photos as before.

I swear when you looked at the camera lens it use to be clear with an tiny orange dot right in the center. The one I have now is completely shiny blue tinted over.

Can anyone take a look at their early iphone 4 please?

Thank you!

2. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

I got mine on launch day and my lens has a bluish green tint to it.

3. Absolem thread starter macrumors regular

ah okay thanks, i guess its the same.

The Proximity Sensor is different for sure 100%. Instead of that long rectangle, its a smaller rounded corner sensor. The paint is also different, it looks black under normal indoor lighting and in the shadows, but in direct sun light its a lighter carbon black(black w/ some grey to it) it looks fine tho, no biggie.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

your eyes are letting you see what you want to see, its the same phone.

when i've compared my neighbors launch day iPhone with my mid September iPhone, and my cousins week old iPhone, their all the same in every way.

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I just got my ip4 and they've definitely redesigned the logo. I could swear there wasn't a leaf on top of the apple on my cousin's which he got on launch day. Maybe that's the antenna fix...yeah, definitely. And the proximity sensor now is actually a rectangular hole right where your ear goes. Works flawlessly.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It's a standard camera lens antireflective coating. In some lighting situations, it'll look orange-ish, in others, purple/blue-ish.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What?:confused:

8. globol macrumors member

The led flash is different. I bought my phone 7/29 my friend picked his up 4 days ago. We both used the same flash app and shined the led light side by side 3-5 inches from a wall. My phone's led light has a 5000k color while his was more yellowish like 4300k color. I tried googling my find but didn't find anything on it.

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

ahaha

10. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

I had to swap out my July 2010 manufactured iPhone 4 for a replacement due to a SIM error.

The December 2010 phone has the blue tint as mentioned on both the front and back camera lenses, while the July 2010 one had red/orange lenses.

Unfortunately, from what I've noticed, the "green blob" effect under florescent lighting has become much more noticeable with the revised lenses, for what that's worth.

11. Merkie macrumors 68020

Different suppliers, slight variations. It happens. Has nothing to do with when it was manufactured.

12. LadderGoat macrumors member

my iphone 4 is jet black but my dads which is a little newer is a lighter greyish colour.
    i dont know why though