If you have ordered form bestbuy with white iphones... then bad news

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jun 21, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I got a call from customer relations and this is from bestbuy headquarters. They were told that bestbuy will not carry white iphones on launch day because apple is having production issues. They are expecting the iphone on July/August.

2. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I think this is fairly common knowledge now, but thanks

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Wait, you're telling me that even though Apple (the manufacturer of the iPhone) doesn't have any white iPhones, now even Best Buy won't have any???

I can't believe it. You must be lying.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Any post that starts with "I just got off the phone with...." and doesn't end that sentence with "Steve Jobs" is just not worth posting at this point.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

In other news, Apple has begun shipping the new iPhone 4, Switzerland beat Spain and there is some dude camping out at an Apple store in Dallas.

5. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

There has been quiet of pictures of bestbuy might carry it on launch day at appleinsider and others. So, people had some hopes. Some did, but you did not. So, I am just telling others. Obviously, I was not posting this for you.

6. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

So it has been confirmed that apple won't carry white iphones at their stores on launch day? It just says it is not available for pre-order. So, please show me your source on where it says, apple won't have any white iphones at launch day.

7. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

In other opinion, Spain totally sucks and they were just cocky. They deserve to lose.

8. kits macrumors member

Thanks for the information. Now I have more choices for camping other than Best Buy as it looks like no one might get the white iPhone for launch day.

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You're still holding on to that thread huh? That itty, bitty, glimmer of minuscule hope. :rolleyes:

10. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If you are camping out for launch day for a white iPhone, then fine. It's definitely possible you will get one.

If you are camping out for launch day for a white iPhone anywhere other than an Apple store, you are not going to get one. That is my point.

Where did people get this insane idea that Best Buy would have white phones while Apple stores wouldn't? THAT is my point.

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Because Best Buy claimed they would and took peoples pre-orders for white iPhones.

12. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

Not hope.... I am just asking for confirmation. But, I will be waiting for white iphone until it comes out.

13. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

and someone spilled some oil?

14. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Confirmation of what? Nobody here knows what Apple will have on launch day. If anyone states so, it's only speculation and nothing confirmed.

Your guess is as good as everyone else. You only have a couple days left. Be patient. You will make it :)

15. lyndeam macrumors member

My local BestBuy is still saying that they *should* have white ones and no where has BestBuy stated yet that they wouldn't. So if this is known to not be true then my store has not been notified of it. Either way he said I would still get a phone... my order is not being pushed back to when a white phone is available (i guess unless i choose to wait). I can still choose to get a black if and when a white is not available.