If You Only Own an iPhone as Your ONLY Computer (No iPad or MacBook)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Oct 2, 2014.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Going the minimalist route, I've not owned a MacBook in some years now, needing access to such a device only for the occasional retrieval of a time machine file or folder.

The appeal of the Plus is the size and battery life but also seems oddly tall (compared to other similar phones on the market).

I know it's only opinion but obviously the 6 is apple's newest flagship product. My dilemma/struggle is in deciding either for the 128GB iPhone 6, or the same configuration for the Plus. I'm so not sure on which I want, but whichever I choose will most likely be my only sort of computing device until Apple announces updated Retina MacBooks next year.

I feel the iPhone and iPad apps need to intersect in a year so Plus users can choose what apps they want their bigger phone to have.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Oh man, I so wish I could do this sometimes. I'm a minimalist at heart and don't like having much of anything. Clutter and lack of space due to random crap drives me crazy. Personally though there's just no way I could get away with only an iPhone (even if it were the 6+) since I need a bigger screen if I'm going to be browsing the web for a long time. Love my 13 inch MacBook Air <3

To answer your question though. If you are going with an iPhone as your only computing device... get the 6+. Trying to live off just a smartphone screen alone will be hard enough, get the biggest one possible for comfort.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'll be getting a MacBook Pro retina in the future, but I see that being at least a year from now.

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Please stop acting like you're not gonna get the Plus 128GB

/thread