If you promise to hate my app I'll give you a promo copy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Digijohnny, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Digijohnny, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

Digijohnny macrumors newbie

What do you think about Apples policy to disallow reviews from promo copies?
    Should they just flag the review, letting you know it's from a promo copy, and let us evaluate the source ourselvs, we can compare free reviews to paid revues, or just don't average them into to app rating. But a gag order, really...

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

It's a good thing because it reduces the number of fake reviews (or at least of free fake reviews).

3. Digijohnny, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

Digijohnny thread starter macrumors newbie

I like your reasoning

So basically those who can afford it can still fake it. Thus giving more credit to the bogus reviews.

how about not clearing crappy apps for sale, i think that's the bottom line, like the ones that claim to be the end all be all of there genera , but obviously look like the were assemble in a week with some drag and drop game engine, and support pages point to nowhere,
    Other wise apple is complacent in this scam, by collect their thirty percent, by endorsing crap
    Also
    Why didn't they do this retroactively, I just found an app out there (TouchDown)who's support page is http//localhost and the developer page points to apple.com , and 10 5 star reviews
    Claiming it's the best bang for you buck since the 'Big one'.
    In reality is unplayabe, but there are reviiews stating that as well, making it totally obvious that the is some deception going on there.

I could just gift 100 copies of their @ 99cent app flood their reviews with 5 star ratings saying how much they love the game, stating how better it is than my 5.99 compeating app With all the extra features.

Scanners will still scam, waterer hurdles present,

I got and idea that could save 100's of lives a year, shut down all the airports, and we will never have to deal with a commercial plane crash again, not mater the consequences, it still helps save lives right.

4. vettori macrumors 6502a

How can you distinguish regular reviews from fake reviews if both are left by regular users that have paid for the app ?
    At least now it's more difficult... It doesn't solve the problem but it helps.

5. Digijohnny thread starter macrumors newbie

I now it helps. But at what penalty to legit reviews

Here we refer to that as ....

Buttare il bambino con l'acqua sporca.
    At least the tub is clean, that helps