If you purchased a Touch with 2.0 already on it...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fbboi999, Jul 28, 2008.

1. fbboi999 macrumors member

please tell me if you're having as many issues as everyone else.

I know it really shouldn't make a difference but I'm sick of my iPod crashing and if I can get a replacement from my warranty that works better then I'm happy til 2.1 :D

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

As far was I know, Apple does not currently sell any iPod touches with the 2.0 software on it. On Apple's website it says it can be purchased seperatly.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Apple won't be selling the iPod touch with v2.0 pre-installed until at least the next hardware revision.

4. copydeskcat macrumors regular

Totally correct. The UK support people told me this when I tried to persuade them to give me a gift certificate for 2.0, seeing as how I had purchase my Touch after 11 July.

They said they were not installing 2.0 in any new iPods, it was an optional upgrade.

5. cokids macrumors member

Experience to share

Then why when I went to iTunes to download verion2.0, did iTunes NOT ask me for financial info? No credit card...nothing!

I am running on a refurbished 8 and needed to update software to deal with an emial issue which the update did NOT fix.

So, I'm working on version 2.0 and happy even without email other than Gmail which seems to be working fine.

Beth

Does iTunes use the credit info you gave them the first time with every subsequesnt purchase? Perhaps THAT would explain the 2.0 download without credit info being requested?

6. mrpalmer420 macrumors regular

mrpalmer420

When you create you iTunes account you provide them with a credit card. Once you approve the download the credit card is charged. They don't ask you to keep retyping the info.