Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
As far was I know, Apple does not currently sell any iPod touches with the 2.0 software on it. On Apple's website it says it can be purchased seperatly.

copydeskcat

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Apple won't be selling the iPod touch with v2.0 pre-installed until at least the next hardware revision.

Totally correct. The UK support people told me this when I tried to persuade them to give me a gift certificate for 2.0, seeing as how I had purchase my Touch after 11 July.

They said they were not installing 2.0 in any new iPods, it was an optional upgrade.

cokids

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Experience to share

Apple won't be selling the iPod touch with v2.0 pre-installed until at least the next hardware revision.

Then why when I went to iTunes to download verion2.0, did iTunes NOT ask me for financial info? No credit card...nothing!

I am running on a refurbished 8 and needed to update software to deal with an emial issue which the update did NOT fix.

So, I'm working on version 2.0 and happy even without email other than Gmail which seems to be working fine.

Beth

Does iTunes use the credit info you gave them the first time with every subsequesnt purchase? Perhaps THAT would explain the 2.0 download without credit info being requested?

mrpalmer420

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
When you create you iTunes account you provide them with a credit card. Once you approve the download the credit card is charged. They don't ask you to keep retyping the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.