If you Reserved an iPhone 4 for Pick up and are on a Business Plan..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akal575, Jun 15, 2010.

1. akal575 macrumors member

I am on my dads business plan but reserved an iphone 4 for pick up. Will the Apple reps be able to activate my phone and set up a plan for me with me being on a business account?

The reason why I am asking this is because earlier today I tried to reserve for my mom who is also on his business plan but when I tried, I got this:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Which to be honest this confuses me entirely because when I went to reserve my iPhone 4 I entered the same Social Sec. and billing zip as for my moms, the only thing different was the phone number itself.

I'm afraid that when I get there with my reserve, they will say they can't sell it to me because I am on a business account or that for some reason they will be unable to set the phone up for me because I am on a business account.

**As some background info, I have owned every version of the iPhone and for each time I upgraded it was done at an AT&T store, so this is my first time doing this at Apple, so I am not quite sure what exactly will happen in my current situation.

2. akal575 thread starter macrumors member

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You are correct to be concerned and Apple will not be able to help you activate in-store on his corporate account. However, there may be hope yet: are you just upgrading your existing line or is this reserve for a new add-a-line?

The reason the "Reserve" went through based on your father's information is that the reserve did not access your Dad's account with AT&T. All a reserve does is collect some pre-activation information, an do a credit evaluation based on the SSN provided. This is to speed up the actual purchase / activation in the Apple store. So good news, your Dad has enough credit to help you get out of this with an iPhone on June 24.

Now for my suggestion: If your Dad is available anytime on June 24, he can join you at the Apple store when you are getting close to the front of the line and he can activate your new iPhone 4 on a new account ( under his name ). Once this is complete you have a couple of options.

1. Go to the nearest AT&T COR location and have them merge the new account into your Dad's business account. They are going to be busy and you don't even have to do it on June 24, you might want to wait a couple of days for the Riots to end.

2. Call AT&T Customer Care and have the Care CSR merge the accounts together and your line would just be an add-a-line on your Dad's account as I think you planned at the outset.

Just give us a few more details and we should be able to help you find a solution to reuse that reserve on June 24.

Dave

4. akal575 thread starter macrumors member

Well the reserve that I made for myself on my Apple ID is just upgrading an existing line, to be specific my iPhone 3Gs, however this line is on his business account.

The screen that I got above was when I tried doing the same thing I did to reserve my iPhone, but with my moms phone number instead of mine (seeing she is also on his account).