If you saw a blue call box appear out of nowhere...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by moonman239, Jun 3, 2015.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Whimper and cry like a four year old, probably. But hell, I do that over everything anyway. So I guess I'd do what I always do. Which is whimper and cry like a four year old.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I would politely inform the pilot that the call box is long since obsolete and therefore rather than being a disguise rather serves to indicate the more obvious presence of a foreign or 'alien' object.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Interesting thread.

Well, firstly, I would ask a few questions. Questions such as "Who are You"? to be followed by a series of other questions, such as - "What are You?", 'Where Are You From?", along with the equally important 'When Are You From?"

And then, I would ask yet further questions, some more - slightly more philosophical questions, such as: "Why Are You Here?" and the obvious "How Did You Come Here?"

These would be followed by the awed and wondering "When and Where Will You Go Next?".

The one question I might not ask - in speech, that is, although I would most certainly think it, is 'Do You Take Passengers?" which is really another way of asking: "Can You Take Me With You When You Depart From Here?"

6. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

The pilot is well aware of the call box's obsolescence, but a malfunction caused the machine to remain in that form.

Unfortunately, the pilot refers to himself using what one might call a nickname. If he has a proper name, he prefers to keep it secret.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, I suspected as much. Well, then, that is how he (she) shall be addressed, should s/he deign to answer. It would be most discourteous to do - or assume - otherwise….

Individuals can name themselves as they please……..and, as names are things of power, some prefer not to use their real names. Entirely understandable…..

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I would ask the person exiting the police box how I can obtain a sonic screwdriver.:cool: I am not above stealing the best multi-tool ever conceived, if I cannot get one any other way.:oops:

9. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

You're the second or third person to catch the reference. Question is, how do you steal a screwdriver from one who is smarter than Stephen Hawking?

10. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I'd be very surprised if anyone who's responded so far doesn't know exactly what you're referencing.