If You Take Out SIM and Put It In A Dumphone, Will You Still Have the iPhone Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by klamse25, Jun 5, 2010.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I did this because I sold my iPhone a while ago. I kept using the dumb phone until I heard about the new AT&T plans. (Which suck btw) Today I stuck the SIM card into my mom's iPhone and it worked without me plugging it into iTunes, so I assume I'm still on the iPhone unlimited data plan? I kept the SIM out and I think it will stay out because I don't want them to take off my data plan because I'm using a "dumphone." Does this sound right?

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes, but I've heard people on this forum state that AT&T's systems have noticed the change and dropped the plan. Some state it's happened within days, but I believe it's unpredictable. I would say it's a gamble.

3. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Ok. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm one of the people "grandfathered" in! :D

4. boricuazo macrumors member

If you didn't call AT&T to take out the data plan, I'm pretty sure you still have it. To make sure, you should check your account online or on the bill to see if you still have to pay 30 dollars on your number's side. ;)

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

6. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Ok cool. Thanks for the help! :cool:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    If you dont remove it they usually wont.
    Log on online and check your account features.