If you waited in line this morning (3/16) at an Apple Store what was the result?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by datapolitical, Mar 16, 2011.

?

What happened today at your Apple Store?

Poll closed Mar 17, 2011.
  1. They had iPads and I got the model I wanted

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. They had iPads and I settled for a different model or didn't buy

20 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. They had iPads but ran out before I could buy one

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. They didn't have any iPads

20 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. datapolitical macrumors member

datapolitical

Quick poll. If you waited in line this morning at an Apple Store, how did you fair?

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

I didn't wait in line. But I'm curious as well.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

I showed up after tickets were handed out. No harm, no foul.

4. Claerion macrumors member

Showed up at the downtown SF store at 6:30 and there was a huge line. Went to the Chestnut store and the only wifi they had was 16gb black and only 3g they had was verizon 32gb black... I was looking for 32gb wifi black :(

5. chicagomacmama macrumors newbie

was maybe 15 in line at LP Chicago store. Had everything, but ATT which is what I wanted, so I left.

6. DMBsaint macrumors newbie

My first stop at 8:45am was the Chestnut Hill Apple store. Maybe 7-10 people waiting. They did have iPads but only Verizon models...bah!

Then I went to Legacy Place in Dedham, MA... they had iPads, but had given out all their reservation tickets to people who had started lining up at 6:45am, so they didn't have to wait in the rain and could get their iPad right at 9am when the store opened. The nice Apple employee at the store didn't know how many they had actually received.

7. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

I showed up this morning at around 7 and was about 28th in line. They had a couple 16gb WiFi, Verizon 32gb and 64 gb. I was hoping to get the 32gb White but by the time it got to me was all gone only 64gb left. I would've had one but everyone in front of me were buying 2 which sucked. I left without anything didn't want 64 or black.

8. mattkap macrumors member

Went to mall in cherry creek (denver) at 8am....was like 9th in line. They had at least 30 I'd say. Handed out tix at 8:30.

9. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I showed up to the Fashion Valley Apple Store at 7:15AM and they were already giving out tickets. They only got in Verizon iPads. When I got there all they had were 16 tickets for VZW 16GB White; exactly what I wanted. Took a ticket and went back at 9AM to buy it. Am typing this on it now. I got lucky.

Lot of Japanese and Mexican nationals looking for AT&T models. One Japanese person changed her mind on the Verizon model. Best chance to get one without a ticket is to be in line at 10AM. You never know.

10. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I called a few Apple stores yesterday, and they didn't have any new stock, or so they said. Then called again today in the afternoon, and they said that they got some in but were sold out before noon.

At this point, little tired of calling and wasting my time, as there seems to be people just waiting, or being paid to wait, at every minute of the day to grab one of them. If I wait, then perhaps any original issues such as the glue splotches or pressure issues around the home button, or anything else that's arisen will have been rectified, so its probably just as well to wait and get my online order in.

I have another item to pay off before the iPad, so it actually will work out better I suppose.

What I still don't get are people who can't wait a couple of weeks and are willing to pay a couple hundred over the retail. We're not talking Christmas or any other holiday with a deadline here, were just talking pure want. I guess if you have the money to blow, then go for it, but it does artificially drive up demand.

11. Lloyd50 macrumors member

Went to the palo alto store on university, line was way too long so I left. Went to Stanford mall apple store, they were sold out completely

12. wrxdrunkie macrumors member

Went to the sxsw popup store here in dt Austin at around 3:30pm, there was a small line, maybe 10 people. Walked out with white 16gb wifi version with smart cover 15 minutes later. Enjoying the new toy a lot so far.

13. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Got there about 8:40. There were about 20-30 in line. They handed out tickets for the models they had, which were 16GB wifi and Verizon (multiple capacities and colors). By the time I got near the front, they still had some Verizons. I wasn't planning on a 3G, and if I were, it would be AT&T.

I was told the line started forming at about 7:00am. Tickets started to be handed out about 8:30. In this case, it was all moot as they didn't have any wifi-only in the size I wanted even if I got there on tine.

I might try tomorrow, but I have no idea if they received any.

14. SiMBa37 macrumors regular

woke up at 4:45 am, got there by 6 am. 1st in line. Cold and miserable. They didn't open until 9 AM, I couldn't feel my feet anymore, they didn't offer us to wait in the warmth of the store. Worker came out, said he only has a few verizon ipads. I wanted a Wifi only, and walked. No way I'm going for the bait and switch. Its just not that important. Live to buy another day.

15. CBlake82 macrumors member

Got to the Alderwood mall store in Seattle around 8 am. Was 11th in line and got a 32g white Verizon. Wanted AT&T but will be fine with verizon.

16. nickpro macrumors regular

Showed up at 6:30 and was 12th in line. Wanted a black 16 or 32 wifi. Staff came out about half an hour later and announced that they had a very limited amount of wifi and a few Verizon models. The wifi models got snagged of course so I settled got a white 16gb Verizon. I figure I can keep an ear out for the next couple weeks and hope that I can exchange it within the 14 day period. If not I can always sell it for a slight profit and buy a black wifi when things die down.

17. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Which store did you try in NYC?