If you want a MBPR instore (UK) with 16GB Ram, you have to spend £3099?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MH01, Jun 14, 2012.

1. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Hey Guys,

Just went into the Local Apple store, and wanted to pick up a Retina display MBP, the only components I was interested in upgrading was the Ram to 16GB and ssd to 512.

The only way to get a 16GB Ram model and 512SSD was to get pick up the top of the range model which was a 2.7, 16GB and 768 SSD. ouch.... £3099!!

Spending about £2450 on a 2.6 with 16GB and 512 SSD is okay in my books, but another £700 pounds for .1 cpu bump and 258SSD if freaking expansive?

Can you guys in the states get a 16GB ram model retina instore without having to buy the fully spec'd one?

I know I can order online, but if I do that I do not get the VAT form, they are only available instore.....

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    You gotta wait matey until the stores get more builds in. Are you certain about the VAT form? Did you all Apple and check?

3. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

4. MH01 thread starter macrumors G4

MH01

Completely understand, in the past this was not an issue for me as I would upgrade my ram myself down the road, but given the nature of the soldered on RAM in the retina, kinda sucks you have to go online to get 16GB

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I assume you're buying as a company and hence why this is important to you? You can indeed get a VAT invoice by shopping online or by the telephone but you need to go into the business store

http://store.apple.com/uk-business

What I did is the very first time I ordered something as a business I did it over the phone The business store number is 0800 058 2222

I also have an Apple ID that is strictly for business stuff. I gave them all of my info, including my company’s name and my VAT number and I can view all of my orders that I made by the telephone or via the online business store since then. Also, when checking out there is a box for me to enter my VAT number.

6. MH01 thread starter macrumors G4

MH01

Thank you very much.