Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Which one would it be?

galcon or icopter

there isn't a better game out there on the iphone in terms of replay value and pick-up-and-go. other games either fail on the entertainment level or require too much time playing, thus greatly depleting your phones battery....which, the point of a phone is having battery power so you can send/receive CALLS.

if you wanna play engrossing games, the iphone shouldn't be used.....get a psp/ds/ps3/xbox/etc. why people spend so much time on an iphone depleting their batteries is beyond me. not to mention, the more you play those games *cough* enigma *cough*, the more your battery wears out and reduces it's overall life cycle.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Another vote for iCopter, yes the graphics are old school and there is no sound BUT for pick-u-and-go value it can't be beat, it is easily the game I play the most and I have most of the big name titles. Labyrinth is also another good one but I find the games that use the accelerometer can be awkward to play in a lot of casual gaming situations like while commuting.

iSaga

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2008
galcon or icopter

there isn't a better game out there on the iphone in terms of replay value and pick-up-and-go. other games either fail on the entertainment level or require too much time playing, thus greatly depleting your phones battery....which, the point of a phone is having battery power so you can send/receive CALLS.

if you wanna play engrossing games, the iphone shouldn't be used.....get a psp/ds/ps3/xbox/etc. why people spend so much time on an iphone depleting their batteries is beyond me. not to mention, the more you play those games *cough* enigma *cough*, the more your battery wears out and reduces it's overall life cycle.

Yes, I agree with this post completely, I'm not much of a gamer, especially on a phone. I have been taking public transportation alot lately and just looking for something fun to occupy the time. I'll check out those two games.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
They all are pretty bad, at least the ones I have tried. Some seem sort of cool at first but 15 minutes later they get boring.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I have seriously played Galcon for roughly 50 hours over the past month and a half.

I'm not even kidding. I have 1,159 games logged in the 'net play. Assuming 2 minutes per game (a good average) that's 38.6 hours of net play. And, of course, I played against the computer a lot before that, so I'm gonna guess 50 hours total.

At $10, that works out to roughly $0.20 per hour of play. And I'm not even bored with it yet.

Silver-Fox

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
England
Pretty much dont bother, i played super monkey ball for 5 mins found it was crap, and havent played it since like every other game

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Super Monkey Ball and Enigmo are pretty good.

SMB is hard at first but gets easier to handle...and I find Enigmo very challenging.

TJB627

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Personally, I'm partial to the puzzles in Enigmo.

So far, I have Crash Nitro Kart Racing, Super Monkey Ball and Enigmo that I actually paid for and I have by far spent the most time with Enigmo. It's so addicting.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I'm playing scrabble at the moment. I like the fact that I'm using my mind ;) and the iphone is great way of playing this.

iSaga

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I'm playing scrabble at the moment. I like the fact that I'm using my mind ;) and the iphone is great way of playing this.

Scrabble on the iPhone, interesting idea. I may check that one out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.