If you weren't able to add AppleCare+ or forgot...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darrinS, Sep 14, 2012.

1. darrinS macrumors regular

I just received an email from Apple sales support saying they realized I wasn't offered AppleCare+ when purchasing through the Apple Store app and to reply before 9/21/12 if I wanted to add it.

I read that some people called sales support to try and add and were told no changes could be made to their order. It seems like they have changed their policy and will let you add it as long as you do it before 9/21/12. So if you don't receive the email I would assume you could add it by calling.

2. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I went through the Apple Store app to place my order...I called this morning and had no problem adding AppleCare.. I watched it pop onto my order before we hung up.

3. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I thought they gave you 30 days to add applecare.

4. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

They do... there's fine print about it on the AppleCare+ page in the Apple Store website. Only catch is they "assess your item for damage" before activating it if you already have the item. I'm just going to wait till I receive the phone (and get my next paycheck), then go by the Apple Store when things calm down a little and add it.

5. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

They do, but if they add it before 21, then you don't have to bring your device in for inspection by a Genius.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Correct. Just Reply to the email and AppleCare+ will be added to your order #. :)

7. yadnar macrumors newbie

Problems adding AppleCare+...

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of apple and have usually good things to say about them...
    I purchased an iPhone 5 with the Apple Store app on iPhone.
    I received an email a day later saying that "I wasn't given the opportunity to purchase AppleCare+, but for $99 I could add it as long as I replied to the email before Sept 21st. I replied minutes later. And got another email from an Apple Store rep stating that it was added to my order!
    Great! all taken care of... NOT! After 4 calls and being placed on hold for almost a total of 2 hours. Still no AppleCare+...
    The first operator I spoke with told me that my state doesn't allow warranties to be purchased over the phone? (this call lasted approx 30 mins)
    The person he transferred me to tried to help...put me on hold several times/ never came back to the phone (this call lasted 45 mins)
    My last call a couple of minutes ago seemed like everything would work great, but after 30 mins and several times on hold to check with management... no dice! (Update) She finally did tell me that if I call when I get the phone they will direct connect me to AppleCare and they will add it to the phone! (I fear that it might not go so smooth on that day) I'll keep u posted about what happens)
    The Apple Store is quite some distance from me and I think its kind of dumb to use all the gas/take my unopened iPhone to the Apple Store to have them open it and then give me AppleCare.
    All of the people I spoke with were friendly and very helpful but I feel they really dropped the ball on this one.
    Eagerly awaiting the phone...

8. TeslasTelegraph macrumors newbie

I spent probably 20 minutes trying to add the applecare+ to my order via the Apple Store App at 2:40 am on Friday. Finally I just ordered the phone without it. And I haven't received an email about adding applecare to my order.

So I just now called Apple to try adding applecare+ to my order for the phone shipped to arrive on Friday. I was transferred twice, then the agent tells me that I have to wait until I get the phone before calling to order the applecare+. There must be some misinformation somewhere along the line.

9. txflyfish macrumors member

I ordered via apple store app. Got the same email telling me I wasn't given an opportunity to add AppleCare. I just replied to the email and a day later it was added to my invoice along with the still processing iPhone

10. Mutherluver macrumors member

i just called apple and they quickly added it to my account! (it literally showed up on my account while on the phone with them) super easy and a great piece if mind

11. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I just received a confirmation email from Apple verifying that they have indeed added AppleCare+ to my original order, in response to my reply to Saturday's emailed offer. All good. :)

12. nizmoz macrumors 65816

I tried many times tonight different reps and no one will add it unless I have the phone in my hands to tell them the serial # as they don;t know what phone I am getting,.

13. yadnar macrumors newbie

Do you know the name of the operator you spoke with? I've spoken to a total of 3 that all checked with Level 1 and Level 2 managers and none could help me.
    My phone is shipping on the 21st and I want to get this taken care of.
    Any help would be great :)
    Thanks

14. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I didn't need to speak with anyone. I replied to the email that I received from Apple on Saturday morning as the email instructed me to do. :) I purchased the iPhone 5 from Apple using the iPhone app 15 minutes into launch.

15. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Send an email to apple_sales_support@apple.com asking to add AppleCare+ to your iPhone 5 order. Include your order# in the email. It will show up on your order within 24 hours.

16. yadnar macrumors newbie

Hmm I did as well... They said they added it but doesn't show on my invoice and phone support says it wasn't added :(

17. jpcarro, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Worst case, you can go to an Apple Store after the dust settles, show them the iPhone 5, and have AppleCare+ added then.

Edit: nevermind, I see you're some distance from a store.

18. yadnar macrumors newbie

I have sent 2 after she said it was added in a return email and have not gotten a response?
    That's why I'm kinda puzzled.
    I guess I'll just have to call when it shows up on Friday...

19. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Mine is still not showing up on the Apple customer site where you check your order. The confirmation email just came tonite. Also, check your Spam filters for the email.

20. yadnar macrumors newbie

I think you have to call when you get the phone and they will add when you give them the serial number. I've been told a lot of different things since I started pursuing it. I might just take the package unopened to the Apple store an hour away and let them open it and then have them issue the AppleCare+
    LOL

21. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

I know AppleCare+ didn't show on my order for some time after I received acknowledgment via email.

22. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

23. jennyfer macrumors member

I responded to the email the same day I received it and I haven't heard anything back and my order(s) show no sign of Applecare+ being added. Hmmm...

24. pigfat macrumors newbie

What happens if you purchase Applecare in a separate order via Apple.com? Do you "link" the Applecare to your phone after purchasing?

25. nizmoz macrumors 65816

going to try this.