If you where Apple CEO want features would you give new iPad

nec207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Are you happy with new iPad ? What do you think of the new features of the new iPad ?

If you could make new iPad want features would you have that Apple did not give you?

Some people are crying the new iPad the CPU is not a quad core and the GPU is not that good.

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Wheels and a robotic arm so it could get me drinks while I am watching my apple tv.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
1. global LTE.

seems short-sighted to release a version that only works with US-specs (even though adoption rates are much higher there, than in the EU).

2. drop support for CDMA altogether

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I'm pretty happy with the new iPad. Specs on paper don't bother me as long as the device itself is fast and smooth.

I would want a more flexible OS though. Keeping iOS is fine, but I would want a proper, manageable file system and the ability to run 3rd party software without going through the App Store.

Actually, what would be awesome would be PC/laptop connectivity. Like how the Atrix had a "desktop" mode. The iPad could have a solid "OSX" mode when connected to the proper hardware.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Ontop of the existing iPad 3 I'd like - SD card slot, 128gb option. Pretty sure that's it!

Just give me more storage. 64gb is paltry.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
With the new screen it's pretty dandy. The only things I would want is a SD slot and 128GB of storage. Then it would be perfect.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
agreed. the # of people that do/buy/say something =/= quality

though obviously I think the iPad is a wonderful device.
I agree. I'm impressed with the technology packed in the device. I'm also impressed with Apple driving the entire field again.

However, I still don't see a Killer App. I see lots/thousands of little things it can do, but I don't see the "must-have" aspect about it.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I agree. I'm impressed with the technology packed in the device. I'm also impressed with Apple driving the entire field again.

However, I still don't see a Killer App. I see lots/thousands of little things it can do, but I don't see the "must-have" aspect about it.
Depends. I've decided that I'm going to purchase one based on the ability to use a stylus and handwrite notes on to it. Which will lower my use of paper/pencils/etc... and allow me to carry less each day. For me, that's must have.

Just depends on what you're looking for.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
Depends. I've decided that I'm going to purchase one based on the ability to use a stylus and handwrite notes on to it. Which will lower my use of paper/pencils/etc... and allow me to carry less each day. For me, that's must have.

Just depends on what you're looking for.
479€ buys a lot of paper and pens/pencils. I'm not doubting your usage and I think it's cool. I'm really looking for a way to justify it so I don't have to spend my own money on it.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
479€ buys a lot of paper and pens/pencils. I'm not doubting your usage and I think it's cool. I'm really looking for a way to justify it so I don't have to spend my own money on it.
True, but combined with being able to easily check my email, access files, use applications that are on it, etc... I think the utility is justified. Plus, if ibooks really takes off that would be nice as well. Then you wouldn't have to carry textbooks around either. :D

nec207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
I'm pretty happy with the new iPad. Specs on paper don't bother me as long as the device itself is fast and smooth.

I would want a more flexible OS though. Keeping iOS is fine, but I would want a proper, manageable file system and the ability to run 3rd party software without going through the App Store.

Actually, what would be awesome would be PC/laptop connectivity. Like how the Atrix had a "desktop" mode. The iPad could have a solid "OSX" mode when connected to the proper hardware.

Can some one tell me what is wrong with iOS or what you would do to make iOS better?I keep reading here that people are saying iOS needs a update . What is wrong with iOS.

Does iOS not have a file system ?

Last edited:

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Are you happy with new iPad ? What do you think of the new features of the new iPad ?

If you could make new iPad want features would you have that Apple did not give you?

Some people are crying the new iPad the CPU is not a quad core and the GPU is not that good.
Grammar and punctuation check :rolleyes:

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I'd have iOS polished up for sure, not change the UI though just expand it and make it a little more useable. Every thing else seems fine for people that are interested in that form factor.