If your phone contract ends in the next 6 months, who will you sign with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EbookReader, Apr 15, 2013.

?

if your phone contract ends in the next 6 months, who will u sign with?

1. AT&T

40 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Verizon

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Sprint

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. T-Mobile

48 vote(s)
    38.4%
  5. other

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. EbookReader macrumors 65816

Let's assume that your phone contract will end within the next 6 months. You will be free to choose a new carrier or stay with the old one.

Which will you sign with?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm pretty sure if I my contract was about to end, I'd stay with VZW. While I prefer GSM because I have more phone options (Google Nexus) Verizon's network is superior where I live so its a no brainer stay with the carrier that provides better service.

3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

T-Mobile. Only because of the unlimited data and cheaper prices & no contracts.

4. serega macrumors regular

I have Nexus 4 too but I will stay with Verizon because I didn't like T-Mobile network yet.

5. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Verizon....Good in my area. Have the senior plan ($29.99 month) plus 2 GB of data ($30.00 month) Total $75.00 a month including tax/fee's. No need to switch. :D. But if I had to, I would try out T-Mobile to see if was a good carrier in my home/area

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

7. Smithwicks macrumors regular

Verizon due to 19% company discount and the fact that my workplace negotiated unlimited data for it's employees.

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

In all likelihood, I'll be staying with AT&T since I have a tower less than 2 blocks from my home. I would have liked to try T-Mobile's new plans but they do not have any towers in my county and one of my employees said she had T-Mobile and they had horrible coverage in our area.

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

AT&T. It's the most expensive, sure, but I have no problems with them. T-Mobile has too much congestion. There were outages every week over here, the call quality wasn't that great, and either was customer support. With AT&T, I can contact them at 3AM in the morning, and things get solved in 10 minutes time.

10. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Location ?

11. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Like 30 minutes away from Dallas.

12. meder87 macrumors regular

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. I have a friend who has T Mobile so I will probably ask him about it right before my contract ends with AT&T in October. I've seen a few mixed reviews from Atlanta people about T Mobile. I could switch to try it out, but I would want to get new phone. I would have to do the financing as I wouldn't be able to afford paying outright for a phone. I will definitely do some research about the $30 T Mobile plan as well. Right now I only pay $60 month since i'm on a family plan with my bro and his wife. She gets a discount as a teacher so that's why its a little cheaper. I'll also add I have good reception with AT&T. Kind of makes sense since AT&T is headquartered here. The price and no contract is enticing me.

13. simply stunning macrumors regular

I'm with AT&T and plan on staying with them. There are several people at work who have t mobile. And I can never reach them, due to poor coverage. If it wasn't for that I would try them out. For now though I will stay where I'm at.

14. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

I'm headed to Plano I will be testing this new iPhone soon.

15. carlgo macrumors 68000

I would be embarrassed to pay $2500 chump dollars for a 2yr contract and TMob's offers may well result in competitive ATT/VZ offers in the near future.

And there may be exciting new fingerprint phones that eliminate passwords and I sure wouldn't want to have to wait forever to get one of those because of the upgrade policies.

I am pre-pay and pay per use now and think it is a bad time to get locked up in any plan.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have no problems with at&t and will be staying with them.

17. TWD98j macrumors regular

Staying with AT&T for sure. Too many reasons not to.

I have the plan that fits me well. Still have my grandfathered unlimited data and 1500 texts/month plan, plus a nice 22% discount through my employer (which basically covers my text plan).

AT&T's coverage in Grand Rapids, MI has only gotten better since first getting the iPhone. The "4G" speeds on my 4S are about 4-5 mbps down, which is adequate for me. And once my contract ends in October, and I upgrade to the 5S, we have LTE coverage here as well.

NO desire to jump ship to a different carrier. AT&T has done me fair thus far, so I personally have no reason to look around.

18. aneftp macrumors 68040

Staying with ATT.

Have 24% corp discount.

ATT coverage is rock solid in most of entire state of Florida where I live. And in my home area of Orlando. ATT LTE is (in my opinion) superior to Verizon LTE. I also have Verizon as my backup device. Although I rarely you my Verizon phone. I just put my Verizon LTE sim in my Verizon LTE ipad and use it as a data only device.

So I know which carrier works best almost anywhere I go.

19. EbookReader thread starter macrumors 65816

poor Sprint

correction: poor Dish, who is trying to buy Sprint.

20. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

On a family plan and the lines don't all expire at the same time, so probably just stick with AT&T. Our bill is pretty reasonable too. Probably would be near the same price on T-Mobile and we'd get a little extra, but we don't really need that extra. Not to mention, AT&T's coverage is fantastic.

21. max pl macrumors regular

i'm either staying with verizon or signing up with one of the prepaid providers that uses verizon towers around here.

hopefully straight talk uses verizon with the iphone 5s.

22. EbookReader thread starter macrumors 65816

With 55 votes

AT&T 15 27.27%
    Verizon 12 21.82%
    Sprint 2 3.64%
    T-Mobile 25 45.45%
    other 1 1.82%

23. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

I don't see a poll but I am month to month currently, and I am staying with Verizon. I'm At 89$ for unlimited LTE and text with 900 minutes. bout to drop to 69$ because after 4 years I'm changing to 450 minutes. Might add tethering for 30$ and be set.

Gotta love big red.

24. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I'll probably end up staying with AT&T. I doubt I could get my wife to try another carrier after the fiasco we went through going from AT&T > Sprint > Verizon > AT&T in one year (long story). I have a microcell from them at home that makes using a cell phone there possible as no carrier has been able to provide me coverage at home (even though they all show that I have full coverage at my house). They are more expensive but the coverage in Texas is great in general and their customer service has improved dramatically over the past few years so I'd say all in all I'm a happy customer.

25. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Probably will be AT&T because I have had no issues with their service in my area and where I travel. But, I am curious about T-Mobile. Might use the unlocked iPhone 4S I have and sign up for service to give them a try. I can get a discount because I have AAA and I like their unlimited data offer. It's tempting.