If your work gave you a choice - MBP retina vs MBAir

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Djalcatraz, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Djalcatraz macrumors newbie

I get to purchase a MacBook for work. Was going to get the air but I hear the retina screen and more power is worth the extra money. I probably don't need the extra power but why should I choose the air?

Bottom line if you could choose what would you get ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Everyone's needs are different, but generally speaking, it's a good idea to get the most computer capability that fits in your budget. While you may not need the extra power and capabilities today, your needs may grow in the future. Of course, form factor plays a role, but there's not a huge difference in dimensions and weight between the MBPr and the MBA. I personally would go for the MBPr, but that's just my opinion.

3. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

get the retina , better screen , only .5 lbs heavier , with 8gb of ram , will better future proof , and its not that much more than the air ,

4. Fiendishone macrumors member

Fiendishone

I was caught up between the MBA and the rMBP when I needed to replace and old laptop. I finally bought the rMBP and WOW vastly better IMHO than the MBA having played with them both. I am new to Apple and I was amazed at the extra clarity of the retina screen!! I have the 8gb RAM and 250 gb HD it is amazingly fast and does all that I have asked of it so far without pause.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

The retina and color gamut on the rMBP. Need I say more. :)

6. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

The rMBP. Screen makes all the difference in the world. The footprint of the 13 rMBP is smaller than the 13 MBA making it just as easy to transport.