If you're going to impersonate a cop, do not pull over real cops. Florida difficulty: the real cop w

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
for a little humor today.

http://www.local10.com/news/crime/police-impersonator-pulls-over-miami-dade-police-detective-authorities-say?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. - A police impersonator chose the wrong person to mess with on Friday when he pulled over a Miami-Dade police detective, authorities said.

According to an arrest report, the detective was driving north on Interstate 95 in a county-issued unmarked vehicle when he was pulled over shortly before 7:30 a.m. by Marcos Pacheco-Bustamante.
Police said Pacheco-Bustamante, 46, of Miami, who was driving a Ford Crown Victoria, pulled up behind the detective's vehicle and activated police sirens, causing the detective to change lanes.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Whoops.

I've seen it done mostly by teens as pranks but limited to just making cars pull to right.

I worked a call where three guys were targeting upscale cars occupied by women to rob. The observant driver with two female passengers sensed the danger as the three guys approached her stopped car. Two of the guys opened fire as she drove off through the front yard of house. We caught them near the GGB.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Why would someone do this?
My thoughts exactly. I could see the desire to drive fast and have everyone get out of your way. I could see some sick nefarious purpose like abducting a woman. But pulling someone over just to pull them over seems a little pointless.

I always thought my father should buy a used Ford Police Interceptor. It might make his commute faster from CT to NYC if he got in the left hand lane and tailgated everyone out of his way.

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
That's a "You'll never be a cop son!" Oh really? "Hold my beer!" type of moment.

I used to hear of it happening in Florida so people could get through traffic with fake light bars. Ridiculous.

Reactions: steve knight

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I always thought my father should buy a used Ford Police Interceptor. It might make his commute faster from CT to NYC if he got in the left hand lane and tailgated everyone out of his way.
Ehhhh... I bought a used police bike and it's about 50/50 in my experience. Half the people will get out of my way, but the other half will slow down to 5mph under, thus slowing us all down.