If You're Liberal and You Think Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt, You're Rewarding GOP Smears

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Mar 18, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/hillary-gop-smears/

(The article has more, and for the claims she sold secrets to China, I didn't know she was CEO of Microsoft, Apple, and everyone else that handed source code to them on a silver platter. So stop blaming her for stuff she's not done, folks... and wasn't it Reagan that allowed the sale of missile guidance systems over there, in the early 1980s, and was the first to bestow MFN status?)

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

So your assertion is that Hillary Clinton and her political dealings are as clean as a baby's ass?

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The republicans aren't talking about the Clinton's awful dealings in Haiti, her worldview that the USA has the right to use force and coercion to overthrow democratic elections throughout the world, etc.

I couldn't give less of a **** about the email nonsense the republicans are pushing. My issue with Clinton is that she clearly is in bed with the powers that continue to screw over the American people.

4. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

My favorite part of the article was how thorough it was discussing Sanders' complete inability to win the nomination and especially the general election.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Sanders can beat Trump in the general, and the Dem machine is more afraid of that than of anything else. God forbid the Dems should win with Sanders at the top of the ballot, they might have to do something terrible to the donor class, like actually restrain the banks and the insurance companies (and... do some tort reform, the third rail of Dem politics for no reason that actually benefits the peons any more).

I've said here in the past that the GOP establishment would rather lose the election to Clinton than get behind Trump. Well, I believe the Dem machine would rather lose the election than have to reform itself back to where it had some progressive inclinations.

The only time those glimpses of progressive ideas show up now are in primaries. We're at most a couple seasons behind the GOP in having a "wing" become a caucus in the House.

Look at Obama picking Garland. The assumption was the GOP would buy it. I ask myself why should progressive Dems buy it? What if the GOP takes it and Garland's just another corporatist. **** this politicization of the court all the way around anyway. And yes there goes another quarter in the jar for breaking my new year's resolution to stop overusing that word. Back to work! Must earn that quarter!

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Bernie > Trump
    BOTH the GOP and the DNC are afraid of Bernie/Trump.

7. 1458279 Suspended

The difference is that Bernie (and the supporters) are allowing the machine to stop them. They'll have a grand party with pretty words to describe Bernie. They have the carefully written "we feel your pain" speech and Bernie will have the "prom king" dance designed to give hope to the supporters of Bernie and get them to fall in line with the very machine that just gave him a poison pill.

Trust me, that poison pill will have a TON of sugar on it, and the Dems LOVE their sugar.

On the other side, Trump/Cruz supporters don't like sugar, they'll spit that pill out before it gets past the teeth. We won't fall in line to the machine that won't listen to us.

While the Left has a long history of giving into fear, the Right would choose death before falling in line. They already know the risks of this, but they've already decided to take those risks.

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I agree Bernie is too nice, nice guys finish last.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As I've said, Hillary Clinton is the GOP crown jewel of character assassination hatchet jobs all in the name of political victory. Our country pays the price for these tactics.

10. 1458279 Suspended

Many say that "we're tired of hearing about your dam emails" was the end of his run. Go back and watch it, but look at Hillary. It really looks staged. She should have been very concerned about what he'd say, if she didn't know what he'd say.

The whole thing looks like a staged show. Bernie comes in from 3% and takes a few states. Hillary needed to get all of the same party that rejected her before. She's very damaged goods and need to be seen as having fought a hard battle.

The Dem machine needed to create a hard battle for Hillary to look good enough to unite the party. They understand people and that people will only get motivated in a good fight.

They know the support for Hillary is very weak and there is nothing like a close game to get the fans excited. They manufactured a close game and now they need the sugar coated poison pill. The next step is to define Trump. They must define Trump as a racist and against jobs, etc... this will unite the Dems into the next part of their manufactured fight.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The alligator wrestlers have to get up close with the alligators, hopefully not for coitus... ;)

12. 1458279 Suspended

Our country might be completely done at this point. It's funny that all this concern over the election might not matter at all. We're probably already too far down the road to get back.

13. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Ha, ha. Conservatives are inherently conformist and are nearly always pliant to authority and the status quo. These are attributes that define Conservatism.

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Looking at the composition of State Government elected representatives, I might have to agree with you for polar opposite reasons. :)

15. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Bernie had plenty of opportunities to expose Clinton, sadly I think he maybe wanted her for VP and did not wanted to make much damage. ..... he is losing because he failed to do what needed to be done.

16. Robisan macrumors 6502

No, he wouldn't. Sanders history is a target rich environment for the GOP attack machine in ways Clinton can't (or isn't inclined to) do. As someone on the Internets (don't remember, can't cite/credit) said recently, the GOP will turn Sanders into Emmanuel Goldstein within a week. And their attacks won't be confined to just two minutes of hate per day...

17. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

image.jpeg
    Here is the best Hillary has to offer us.

This.

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I need some eye bleach:eek:

19. 1458279 Suspended

And yet it's the conservative party that's NOT doing that. Interesting world you live in, are you wall covered with mirrors, is your life surrounded only with people that agree with you?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 18, 2016 ---
    That's a great point. We have power at so many levels it's hard to keep track. Local/city, state, fed... All the complex overlap, it's hard to keep track.

Under Obama the Right gained some 900/1000 elected seats in what some say is the largest pushback in history. That means that if Hillary wins, her actual power to do anything at all will be slight.

Given the history of the 1st mid-term of a sitting president, if Hillary gets in with slight power, she stands to lose even more after the mid-term.

It may be part of the reason that Trump/Cruz supporters are willing to kill their party to make a point. The value of the point is greater than the threat of Hillary as pres.

Although Hillary as pres does mean harder selections for SC noms.

I'm not sure where I stand on a Hillary pres vs making a point to the GOP. If it's done, it needs to be profound. The GOP has a tough lesson to learn and it won't be a baby-tap lesson, it'll be a back alley beat down to near death. That's the only way to make the point. The GOP should fear for it's life right now.
    Doesn't that tell you something? Consider, Bernie is a life-longer. He's been the same way from back in the 60's. Why would someone like that give up key things at the most important time? Doesn't that tell you that it's staged?

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I think both sides are scared ********. Neither party wants their front runner to become president. The GOP hates Trump with a passion and it looks like he is going to coast to the nomination. The Democrats are swallowing a huge pill to pull for Hillary. It's a grin and bare it scenario. I think the GOP has more to lose in this election but the left can't be happy that the higher ups basically gave Hillary the nomination. You know there was a lot of back door conversations to get Biden to run.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Sanders > Trump on the numbers who will turn out to vote.

23. Robisan macrumors 6502

Democrats are flashers?! :eek:;)

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh yeah they been takin' that risk for the past 12 years if you count the upcoming loss to Clinton. This time they're risking losing their entire party structure.
    Don't worry, it looks like it won't be a guy at all...

25. 1458279 Suspended

I think you're right. One of the most dangerous things is the "grin and bare it". We've been doing this for a good while now. I've been hearing the 'hold my nose and vote" for a long while. That alone should tell you something.