if you're looking for a car stereo to go with your iphone, this is the one

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jayhawk85, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Jayhawk85 macrumors member

Jayhawk85

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/Pioneer/FH-P8000BT

I just installed this Pioneer FH-P8000BT double DIN head unit in my 2001 Toyota Camry and it works beautifully. I wanted something that would play songs off my iPhone and charge it, and also allow me to control playback from the iPhone. This deck does all of that, and gives you the option of controlling the iPhone from the deck or the iPhone.

This deck also has Bluetooth built in. It pairs with the iPhone and automatically downloads the address book. You can dial either from the phone or the deck, and calls come through the car stereo. It comes with a mic which I attached on the steering column. The sound is really great, and it is so convenient to use. The phone automatically pairs when I get in the car.

Only slight issue is that I still get the "Would you like to turn on Airplane Mode?" message. Other than that, this is a great car stereo that takes advantage of both the phone and music portions of the iPhone.

2. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I use the AVIC-D3 with my iPhone and it works very well.

3. Jayhawk85 thread starter macrumors member

Jayhawk85

That does look awesome! Bit out of my price range though. I found mine for $255 on Amazon.

4. daakin3 macrumors newbie

Airplane mode

Nice deck... I have a clarion dvd touchscreen.... yea i get the same message about turning on to airplane mode, which does suck.

5. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Took your advice. Am having it installed tomorrow in my 97 Maxima SE. It will replace the Bose unit that has been having CD issues and also display issues. I can't wait.....BT (gonna work with my SE 810i), MP3 Capability and also iPod connectivity. I'll come back and let you know how things went.