iPad If you're still undecided between the air and rmini, heres a great must read

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Misskitty, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Misskitty, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

Misskitty macrumors 6502

Just came across this, for anyone who enjoys reading followup reviews, or anyone whos on the fence between the air and rmini.

Now, tested recently did indepth video reviews of both the air and rmini (which are on youtube btw) and are really helpful, but often ones opinion on a device can change after using having used the device for some time.

So norman at tested, did a followup review, and provides some great insight. He Factors in the possibility of a 5-6" iphone 6 and how it could affect ones decision. Its a great read and he brings up a lot of good points. First and foremost, he reassured me, that there is absolutely no purpose and benefit in owning both and thats the first thing that he got off his chest.

Thank you norman, you brought up 6 very good critical points, that i have yet to find in any other reviews and you made my decision easier.

http://www.tested.com/tech/tablets/459289-testing-ipad-mini-retina-vs-ipad-air/

2. JGWolven macrumors regular

Didn't you already decide like six days ago? I swear you're bi-polar when it comes to the different iPads. Glad you found one review of a hundred that justifies your decision for the moment.

3. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

people who make purchase decisions on what apple MAY do next gen have always been burned

burned over and over again.

4. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

I don't understand why it has to be a decision, get what *you* want. They both have benefits and disadvantages when compared to one another.

5. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Exactly. I'm one of those abnormal people who have both. The rMini for on the go (the Air doesn't fit in my purse) and the Air for home use for it's beautiful and easy to read screen. If having both isn't an option, pick the one that best meets your needs. For me that would be the Air.

6. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

I have both as well (don't have to worry about putting one in my purse though lol). But the mini fits in my favorite NY Rangers hoody pocket which is a bonus.

If I was going to grab one for single use, only iPad, i'd go for the Air as well.

7. meistervu macrumors 65816

What if you want both, and can only justify getting one. I guess you have to "decide" on one then. I think that's what people call making a decision.

8. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

OP is simply sharing an interesting (and very insightful I might add) review! If one cannot obsessively talk about every aspect of Apple products on MR forums, where can they possibly go!

From one Apple fan to another...great share, OP. I personally chose the Air myself but I found the article very insightful indeed

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

10. quamsi macrumors regular

OP is Grumpy Stu if you read the comments in that article.

11. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

The decision is to get an iPad, choosing which iPad is a personal preference.

12. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

13. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Ditto. I have both - the rMini for reading in bed, at the gym and to toss in my purse. The Air for sheet music, newspapers, videos, magazines and gaming. If I could have only one, it would be the Air. But they both serve my purposes.

14. yinz macrumors 6502a

Is it just more or is this article not really about iPads?

It seems like the author is just using the iPad comparison to introduce the prediction of iPhone screen size, or maybe I need to reread the article.

15. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Seriously this is getting out of control

16. GoingDark macrumors 6502

I would never make a purchasing decision today based on what Apple may or may not release in a year.
    If I did that, I'd never buy a laptop - I would constantly be waiting for Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake/whatever's next on Intel's roadmap, because it's guaranteed to have better battery life and more powerful graphics.