If you're still waitingfor a 5S...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JTausTX, Sep 30, 2013.

1. JTausTX macrumors member

... try your local Apple store. Seriously. I walked into the Knox Street Apple store in Dallas at about 2:00 pm on Saturday, expecting (1) a line out the door and (2) no stock of iPhones. To my surprise there were only about 20 people in line (all inside) and they had huge stock, judging by the reservation cards that the greeter had. I was able to get my 1st preference - 32GB silver ATT - within about 45 minutes with no hassle whatsoever.

Obviously YMMV. But it's better than waiting until "October" for your phone to ship, and all you have to lose is a little time :)

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Ditto.

I went to my Apple store in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Found 1) No line and 2) the Apple worker had a stack of cards for phones they had in stock. This means they had many of several different models.

Walked out with my wife's new silver/white 5s in 10 minutes time.

Also a shout out to AT&T and Apple's integration as I had an open "OCTOBER" order with Apple Online at the time. Went up to an iMac, canceled the online order and the AT&T upgrade free'd up in 5 minutes time.

3. elistan macrumors 6502a

Eerily similar story here. Saturday morning I stopped by the Apple store in Boulder to ask about the details of the trade-in program, in case it differed from the online recycle program. There was a place for a line outside, but nobody in the line. The inside was pretty busy, but again, no line. On a whim, assuming they had no phones in stock, I asked about a 32GB silver AT&T. "Sure! Here," and they handed me one of those stock cards.

As part of the purchase, they assisted with:
    - Transferring all my wife's stuff from her 4 to my 4S.
    - Trading in her 4. (For slightly more money than the online recycle thing.)
    - Ensuring the 5s worked.

Waiting on the backups, restores and wipes is what took the longest time.

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I stopped in a T-Mobile store and since they didn't have any on launch day no one was coming by even though they has some in stock.

Cheers,