If you're worried about when your c.c. is charged, you can't afford the watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ehfz, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ehfz macrumors member

I'm a little dismayed to see so many posts asking when your credit card will be charged for your apple watch. If that thought even crosses your mind, you can't actually afford an apple watch. Reality check, people. Maybe this comes across as inflammatory but it's the cold hard truth.

2. Kayzer Soze macrumors newbie

Im fairly certain people are asking when their CC will be charged because that's a sign its ready for shipping.... not because they dont want to pay it off

3. dwburnell macrumors regular

Maybe I'm misunderstanding people, but I think they are more concerned because that means their watches are ready to ship.

I've been checking my card all day, but not because I can't afford the watch, more because I want the watch in my hands!

4. alexh516 macrumors member

???? are you talking about people who want to know when their card will be charged so that they know that their order is preparing to ship?

if thats the case then you are misunderstanding why they want to know when their card is charged

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Thank you Suze Orman.

6. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

7. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Agree, being charged was a concern as a correlation to shipping.

Now the other thread starter who asked what happens if they don't have enough funds when they're charged......

8. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Exactly. There have been way too many antagonizing posts lately regarding the watch. People are excited and if you're not, that's cool, just let them be.

9. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Watch out, Dave Ramsey is dropping wisdom on us.

10. Kayzer Soze macrumors newbie

The good news is most who truly cant afford it have until June to save up before their CC gets hit lol

11. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

The posts on this forum have become absolutely ridiculous.

12. leenak macrumors 68020

I thought that Suze Orman had retired but guess she is alive and well on Macrumors.

13. cdm283813 macrumors 6502

I will have no credit card or vehicle debt because of that man in another 11 months. Haven't used a credit card in over 4 years. Last car I bought was $1100 3 years ago and it's been a smarter choice than the $30,000 truck I bought back in 2004. Just got tired on the endless credit card and car payments. Some people can have zero balances but it never works out that way for the majority; those credit card companies are banking on that.
    So while I understand OP's intentions he/she does not understand the real reason for the question being asked.

14. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I listen to Dave Ramsey. He's pretty smart.

15. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

How'd you pay for the watch?

16. leenak macrumors 68020

Suze Orman did that for me. I had $30k in credit card debt when I first started listening to her. I paid it off within 2 years as well as my car. I haven't had CC debt in well over 10 years. I stopped listening to her but just having the financial guidance when you feel overwhelmed was such a lifesaver.

17. cdm283813 macrumors 6502

I did not buy one because I don't want to be in debt :).

But all jokes a side any debit card with a visa/mastercard can be used as a credit card. In my case I'm just pulling straight from my checking. But I'm waiting for gen 2 or when Android wear supports iOS. Pebble also looks nice. I personally don't want a app machine on my wrist. I just want basic and simple notifications. All of these apps are nonsense especially the games. I don't want to order a pizza on a super small screen.

18. wsbsteven macrumors member

I'm wanting mine to be charged asap even if it does ship in June because it's contributing to my minimum spend this month. Without it I have to rearrange things.

19. cbird007 macrumors regular

cbird007

Delete this thread. Some people are clueless as to why others want their cards debited. If you want to give financial advice, start another thread.

20. AS90 macrumors regular

AS90

21. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Absolutely.

22. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Thats why I keep checking. Once they charge me i'll be broke so I'm hoping they just forget to... Otherwise I'll have to return it. I assume thats what the rest of us are doing too.

23. saintforlife macrumors 65816

I think you are clueless about why people are checking their credit cards. Leaving that aside, I think it is none of your business how people spend their money or if they go broke buying the latest electronic gadget.

24. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

LOL fail bro fail

----------

Dave Ramsey is my favorite. He gives out pretty good advice.