ifixdirect white conversion (NOT THE WAY TO GO, FOR NOW) (interesting story here)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by waltercln, Nov 6, 2010.

1. waltercln, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

waltercln macrumors regular

I recently converted to the white iphone, i had the white back but decided ifixdirect would be the best place to order a white front. i decided to just order the white front lcd self kit, i felt confident i can do it myself. we both are located in N.Y. so i received the package next day. once i got it i started to work on the phone, and the disassembly was perfectly fine. however, once i started to replace the lcd and apply the white front, the home button would stick to the lcd. i kept trying to play with it to see if it would work, and well that didn't work at all. The home button would get stuck because the lcd home cut out didn't have enough room. I emailed Michael at ifixdirect and he replied almost immediately, he even offered to call and walk me through. We tried it and still the same results he asked me to try and put my original black lcd with the white home button and it worked.

Michael immediately told me to ship it back and he will replace it, however, i offered if it was ok to just show up since he wasn't far from my area. We agreed and i started to try and assemble my phone back to black. this is where everything went wrong, long story short i lost a screw and the mother board was slightly crooked and everything seemed off. I started to panic and felt i messed the phone up (which i actually cracked some pieces within the phone) now let me tell you, i have very little patience so this is why i just got frustrated and began to become sloppy. DO NOT DO THIS CONVERSION IF YOU HAVE NO PATIENCE. Yes i watched tutorials but even so it's not as easy as it looks.

once i got everything in the phone, i just rushed to his office for help. he said he would convert it to white free of charge and fix everything for me. I was extremely appreciative for his help, he didn't have to do what he did but he put his customer first. so during yesterday night (Friday) we met up, he took my phone and converted it to white in just a couple minutes. He was EXTREMELY helpful and without him i wouldn't have a phone right now. Again i thank him for that and i owe him this much.

i HIGHLY recommend www.ifixdirect.com, the parts are PERFECT. Extremely happy with my purchase and very happy with the customer service.

They also offer the white dock connector and headphone port, i saw them in person and i will be thinking about converting those parts as well soon enough.

if you're on the fence, go with ifixdirect, no other company offers the great conversion prices and customer satisfaction. here are the pics.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9536/86473299.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1829/68572991.jpg

Update:​
    It seems people are getting defective products from ifixdirect and i would advise all not to order for the meantime. ifixdirect is over flooded with request since their conversions are the cheapest, but lately their quality is also cheap. I would say give the company some time to get back on track, and to get the same high quality parts they were getting a month ago. buy at your own risk, or stay away until it's safe so you won't get defective parts. I can not recommend ifixdirect at the moment.

2. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

How good do the parts feel? Like do they feel like the actualy black parts because I plan on buying my white backplate from them.

3. waltercln thread starter macrumors regular

i already had the white back plate from ebay. however, i can vouch for them because i saw all there different pieces they had for the conversion. before he converted he let me hold his white iphone, and his back felt no different. It felt great in the hand and quality was DEFINITELY top notch and i couldn't wait till he just converted my phone. I say go with him, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, and if you contact him he will reply asap.

4. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

yep they have great customer service... i sent all my parts (bought back off iresq and lcd, dock connector, and headphone jack off ebay) and sent it to him. he was very helpful but the only thing is he forgot to give me my sim card tray back :( so he's overnighting it and i should be receiving it on monday

5. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

Congrats that everything turned out well. Based on your positive outcome & feedback it looks like they'll get an add'l customer here. But I have a Q - Will They Take Walk-Ins?
    :apple::apple:

6. waltercln thread starter macrumors regular

contact ifixdirect@gmail.com

thanks, I believe he said he had a couple of walk-ins already. I'm sure he can work something out for you around your schedule. His location isn't far from the train as well. Contact him and he will definitely work with you.

7. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah I know he replies fast. I sent him an email at 10:30 and got a reply when I checked my mail at 10:35 I had a reply from him and good. Definitely going with him

8. CZK, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

9. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

yeah they do.. they are not currently offering money for you black pieces due to everyone wanting to convert to white so the black pieces aren't popular

10. A684TTQARX7 macrumors member

A684TTQARX7

GR8, I 'll give him a call Monday. BTW where in NYC is he located?

11. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

brooklyn phone number is 1 (888) 383-7198

12. waltercln thread starter macrumors regular

i say email him and have him call you. i didn't get much success trying to call him at that number above. then again it might be different. i just feel he responds much quicker to emails. good luck!!!

13. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

or you can try his chat service on the website

14. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

This is great to hear, i just ordred the 169$ screen, front plate, home button, and back plate kit. Its good to hear the company uses good parts :D

15. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

The pictures on the website make it look like the back has no writing on it. Is the back the same as the black back? (All the text on the lower half)

16. waltercln thread starter macrumors regular

yes his phone had all that. I'm sure the ones he sells will also.

17. cwsm macrumors member

So there was no difference between your "eBay" back and his "good" back?

18. cwsm macrumors member

How much did your eBay back cost?

19. waltercln thread starter macrumors regular

no differences from the exterior. but everything looks like a normal good quality white back plate.

I paid got mine about the same price he was charging it, but i got the plate well before i even thought about the full white conversion so thats why i didn't just go with him. otherwise i would have.

20. james948 macrumors 6502

Thanks so much for this. They seem like a great company. I love the offer that if you mess it up they will fix it professionally free of charge.

I'll order mine when I get paid and have it shipped directly to the UK.
    Can't wait.

21. sjam80 macrumors newbie

I am looking for this service too. But a couple of questions does anyone know if these parts are oem? I read his website and it doesnt say so anywhere. For the price he has listed for the swap it does not seem like these would be oem parts Does anyone know?

22. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Great to hear you got everything sorted in the end my friend. Yes, indeed, the conversion job is not something you can rush, or lose patience with. I have repaired many a phone, and feel confident I can do the full conversion myself, but I know for a fact, its not something everyone should attempt themselves.

My parts, inc white front, black, headphone jack, dock connector, and home button should be here tomorrow from iphonefixed.co.uk Got my tracking number yesterday, and they are already in Finland, so hopefully will be delivered tomorrow, or Tuesday.!

23. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

glad to hear you got good parts..

I did not.

Got a defective front screen, sent it back on friday, awaiting replacement. Will see what happens.

24. sjam80 macrumors newbie

who did you order from?

25. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

went straight to the website ifixdirect.com