iLife '04 Shipping

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Several readers note that their iLife '04 software orders have started shipping as of today (Jan 14th, 2004).

Apple's iLife Suite offers iTunes, updated versions of iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD and Apple's new GarageBand application.

The $49 product should also become available at local Apple Stores and Apple Resellers on Janaury 16th, 2004.

Somebody please post the version number of the new iPhoto because the one that's been floating around (Created 1/02/04, version 4C4) isn't able to show a slideshow on machines without OpenGL and maybe on ones without Quartz Extreme.

It also funked up my library while updating.

Someday, I'll learn better... ;)

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
i ordered my edu copy the day of the keynote, with the regular ground shipping, and they upgraded me to free 2-day, which pleasantly pleased me, because there was no guarenteed 'order now and recieve by january 16th' like there was for panther.

go apple.

KLFloyd

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Gainesville, FL
I ordered my copy of iLife on Sunday the 11th and it said delivery on 1/16. I paid $4 for ground shipping and as of a few minutes ago it shows it's set for delivery via 2-day and will ship on or before 1/15.

For 2-day it better ship today. Hopefully it will go out later this afternoon.

Sonofhaig

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2003
Greenvale, NY
It's true....

Should be in my hands the same day everyone else can get it at an Apple store. I really thought that I'd be seeing this copy around the 19th. Me very happy! :D

Bandit

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2001
I ordered an Up-To-Date copy yesterday and I was told that there was no way to track to see when it would arrive. I guess there is no hope of it arriving by Friday since it was ordered that late?

whodatrr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2004
Add me to the list... ordered on the 6th and mine just shipped today...

On another note, copies of both iPhoto 4 and iMovie 4 have been floating around the Net for a week now.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Originally posted by jayscheuerle
Somebody please post the version number of the new iPhoto because the one that's been floating around (Created 1/02/04, version 4C4) isn't able to show a slideshow on machines without OpenGL and maybe on ones without Quartz Extreme.

It also funked up my library while updating.

Someday, I'll learn better... ;)
I tried the 4C4 version on my ibook but haven't used it on my main machine where my libraries are. I've got iLife on order anyway so I can wait to really use it in anger...

Fuchal

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by Wonder Boy
reserved mine at the uconn bookstore yesterday. its gonna be a happy birthday!
Aww, I didn't think of that... I should have reserved mine at the RIT bookstore! :cool:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: iDVD

Originally posted by MightyB
Will iDvd now work on a machine without a superdrive?

Is that the "archive project" part Steve talked about?
yep.

arn

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
I should have ordered earlier. I ordered mine on the Apple UK Education store yesterday and it says it should ship on February 2nd! :(

Either there's lots of demand, or it's the damn Apple UK efficiency again! :mad: :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.