iLife 10? When? If I buy a new iMac in Jan 2010...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by OldCorpse, Oct 26, 2009.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

This is a bit of speculation! I'm definitely buying the 27" iMac quad (either i5 or i7), but it won't be until they have been thoroughly tested to see the real life differences between the i5 and i7 running FCS and LS, so I can make a decision, plus enough time to see if any serious issues (such as overheating) develop on this rev A hardware. That means, realistically sometime January 2010. That brings me to wonder - will the next iLife - iLife 10 appear by then? Any ideas? Speculation? Historical precedent and trend? Past experience? I'd be willing to wait until February if the new iLife is sprung so I can buy it together, but not longer. Just idle curiosity? Any ideas? Let's speculate!!

2. twombles62 macrumors member

Well considering that you're not going to be even thinking about the purchase for another three months, what's the point of asking now? I'm betting that in January there will be a much better idea of where iLife 10's at.

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Well, because I want to budget now, and also make a schedule - there is a lot of gear I'll be buying, so I need to stagger the purchases... the more variables I can factor in, the more likely I'll make a schedule and budget that's more optimal for my needs.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

There is no guarantee of if there will be an iLife 2010, but if it happens, January is the most likely.

5. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Oh goody! I'm gonna reward myself with a beer on account of this good news! I'm gonna get a free iLife 10! Woohoo! Thanks, thegoldenmackid!