Resolved iLife 12

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rossagues, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Rossagues, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

I have recently reformatted my MacBook Pro and installed OS X Mountain Lion. Now my iLife 09 has been removed from my machine.

I have tried to insert the Applications CD that come with my machine (Late 2009). Once I insert the disc the Mac instantly ejects the disc. So there is no way i can install my iLife 09 programs back onto my machine. If there is any help on that, I would greatly appreciate it.

I cannot afford to purchase the whole iLife 11 bundle but I only ever use iMovie. I was thinking of purchasing iMove 11 on its own. But at this time (August 12) is it worth purchasing iMovie 11? Or is iMove 12 coming out soon?

If I purchase iMovie 11, will I get free updates to iMovie 12 when it is released?

Sorry for the lengthy post and im sorry if this post is in the wrong area. Its my first post. I appreciate any help anyone can give!

Thanks,

Ross

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You can purchase and download individual iLife applications right from the Mac App Store rather than buy the disc with all of them. I seriously doubt that you'd get a free or discounted upgrade to the next iLife suite whenever that it released.

3. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Do you think iLife 12 will be release anytime soon? Or will they just hold out for iLife 13?

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

At this point, I don't think anyone knows. I haven't seen any rumors of any kind on the matter. So I would go ahead and get the current version now if you need it. If you can wait an undetermined amount of time for the next, then wait.

5. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

£10.49 isn't going to break the bank I guess! Apple and there random dates, they have consumers in the palm of there hands.

But does anyone have any help on why my Applications disc auto ejects when inserted into my MacBook Pro? Every other disc works besides that one. It was the applications disc bundled with Leopard. (I got a separate disc for Snow Leopard, would it be on that disc?)

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Are you sure iLife is on that disc? If its a system disc, ML is recognizing it and rejecting it because it knows that some, if not all, data on the disc is incompatible with ML and is preventing it from potentially messing it up.

7. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Strangely enough the Leopard disc, Snow Leopard disc and Applications disc which come with my machine auto eject for some reason. The disc drive is perfectly fine and works with all DVDs, music CDs and Software CDs. Who knows, I have bought iMovie now!

Thanks for your help SandboxGeneral