iLife and iWork not showing up as free?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,

I got the iPhone 5S last night, activated it, and restored the backup of my old device onto it. It is working well, but I noticed that the iLife and iWork apps are not showing up as free in the App Store like Apple said it would for device purchased after September 1st. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

2. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Not sure, as they were free for me. Even better, having installed them on my 5S, they became available for free on my iPad too, which is where I really wanted them. I also set my 5S up by restoring from a backup, so it's not that.

----------

Are you looking in Featured/Must-Have Collections/Apps Made By Apple? That's where I got mine from. Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie all free. Possibly GarageBand as well, but I already had that.

3. c0LdFire macrumors regular

Factory reset your device, set it up as new, and go to the app store. It'll let you download the apps. Do so, and then reset it again and restore your backup. Once you've downloaded them once, they'll be free forever.

I've seen it do this on a ton of business phones for whatever reason.

On a side note, I also factory reset a year old iPad and received free iWork apps on it, so it isn't just "new" devices for whatever reason.

4. dbanderson1 macrumors member

Download them on your phone not through iTunes.

You need to download them from your device. Same thing happened to me on my 5C. iTunes shows them as $4.99 but they were free on the app store on my phone. Also garage band for iOS just went free as well.

5. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I don't even see the apps iLife and iWork available in the app store.
    Only Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband.

6. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

Me too