iLife apps updated today – Lion coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AdeFowler, Jul 11, 2011.

1. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

iPhoto, Garageband, iMovie all updated today. I guess we'll see Lion before the weekend.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Do you have the update notes?

Does seem likely that it will happen very soon and this is another thing to point towards it.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I don't see any updates? Where did you see them?

4. AdeFowler thread starter macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

From AppShopper:

Garageband

This update supports general compatibility issues, and addresses overall stability and performance issues including the following:• Fixes an issue with the GarageBand Lesson Store not completing single or multiple lesson downloads.• Corrects issues with some tempo-based effects falling out of sync with main song tempo. • Resolves problems with Magic GarageBand project files not opening up correctly in the GarageBand tracks view.The update is recommended for all users of GarageBand '11.

iMovie

This update improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues, including the following: • Support for opening projects imported from iMovie for iOS. • Fixes an issue where some audio adjustments were not preserved.• Addresses a performance issue when using large quantities of video clips with keywords.• Resolves issue with slow application launch when working with large iPhoto libraries.The update is recommended for all users of iMovie '11.

iPhoto

This update supports general compatibility issues, and also addresses overall stability and performance. Minor issues addressed include:• The date range of each event now updates correctly to reflect changes made to photos using the Adjust Time and Date command• Addresses an issue that could cause the Photos view to scroll incorrectly when Event Titles are displayed• Fixes a problem that could prevent Ken Burns animations from being applied correctly on photos in a saved Classic slideshow• Deleting photos from a web album using the contextual menu now removes them from the album without deleting them from the library• Addresses an issue that could prevent a crop adjustment from being removed from a photo when using the Revert to Original command The update is recommended for all users of iPhoto '11.

http://appshopper.com/mac/video/imovie
    http://appshopper.com/mac/photography/iphoto
    http://appshopper.com/mac/music/garageband

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Huh.

Not in Software Update yet. Running Lion at the moment and all the apps seem to run just fine.

It's iWork that needs the big updates, make them compatible with versions and auto save and full screen.

6. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I updated mine through the App Store (that's where I bought them, might be different if they were on your machine when you bought them!).

And yes, the first thing I thought was "LION'S COMING SOON!" when I saw the updates.

Woo! :apple:

7. rikbrown macrumors regular

Showing up in my Software Update (Lion) now