iLife apps want to be added to my appstore account

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Jamie0003, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

Not sure if this has been talked about before, but today I loaded up the purchased tab on my Mac Appstore, and this popped up:

Screen Shot 2011-08-23 at 12.35.06.png

This is on a 2011 MBP 13". Looks like Apple is allowing anyone with iLife to add it to their account, or is it just newer macs?

EDIT: Ok, after trying it I got an error saying that these apps can't be accepted from this computer.

2. AFPoster macrumors 68000

I've been waiting for this to pop up on mine for some time and it still hasn't. It's syncing your apps on your mac to your App Store just in case you ever delete you can re-download without using a disc.

It only happens for those with iLife '11 and same for iWorks '09. So I guess you could say new Mac's only. Stinks you're getting an error tho.

3. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't get it though, I thought this only happened if you had one of the new mac mini's or mba?

4. AFPoster macrumors 68000

No this goes for any Mac running Snow Leopard & Lion with the newest iLife suite. Some users like you get to see that message, others like me for some reason don't. When I talked to Apple they said they were removing that feature for the time being and no idea when it will be implemented again.

5. Jamie0003, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hoping they do enable it again, as this means I could get rid of all my Mac CD's, Apple should also update the firmware for older macs so you can download lion over the air like you can on the new minis and MBA.