iliketurtles couldn't take it anymore - exchanging Retina MacBook 2.3ghz for 2.6ghz

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
decided to call apple and request an exchange for my 2.3ghz 16gb 256gb retina macbook for the samething except 2.6ghz.

thought id let you all know and your thoughts :)

iliketurtles admits, i have a problem

the one i have is a samsung display if that still means anything.

actually found one tiny nick on the lid, but its not the main reason for exchanging

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
You appear to have accidentally typed your thoughts out and clicked post. I thought this was Facebook for a second. Whoops.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Thank the lord heaven mercy, oh thank you. finally stop posting about this.
And you know what iliketurtles, 256gb is a very small ssd, hmm. :D

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
decided to call apple and request an exchange for my 2.3ghz 16gb 256gb retina macbook for the samething except 2.6ghz.

thought id let you all know and your thoughts :)

iliketurtles admits, i have a problem

the one i have is a samsung display if that still means anything.

actually found one tiny nick on the lid, but its not the main reason for exchanging
Oh no, what if you get one that has image retention, yellow tint, dead pixel, etc. as a replacement?

You should have kept the one you had, if you didn't have any other problems with it.

Why didn't you get the 2.7 one? That would have been an upgrade that would have been worth it?

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Thank the lord heaven mercy, oh thank you. finally stop posting about this.
And you know what iliketurtles, 256gb is a very small ssd, hmm. :D
yes...FATguy007

and no 256gb is mroe then enough. i coming from a 120 intel SSD and still have 50gb free space. i do video rendering and all that media stuff is stored on a 2TB hard drive. i have no need to carry hundreds of videos with me

And I'm starting to think that the 2.7 might be worth it. :D
2.7ghz is 350 dollars more which at that price not worth it. 100 for 2.6ghz though, i think worth it

ugh. really?
yes really

You didn't go for the 2.7? ;)
nope wasnt worth it, 350 more for 2.7, 100 for 2.6, u pick

(((iliketurtles))) There, feeling better now? :)
yes actually no more anorisms

Oh no, what if you get one that has image retention, yellow tint, dead pixel, etc. as a replacement?

You should have kept the one you had, if you didn't have any other problems with it.

Why didn't you get the 2.7 one? That would have been an upgrade that would have been worth it?
technically apple is sending it first so i would have both to compare LOL

but realistly, apple has sold thousandsof retina macbook pros, and only a fraction of those users im sure go on macrumors to report issues and such so im pretty confident the replacement new machine will be just fine

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The 2.7GHz upgrade is definitely worth it! You'll be the coolest kid [or adult] on the block!

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
So how did you convince Apple to send the replacement and keep the one you have for the meantime? Did you say that there was a defect?

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
ah so you dont remember asking the same **** in another thread when i said i was getting a repalcement due to screen bleeding....if u can dish it u better take it
thats an issue though that u can take a pic of. miens not an issue, im exchanging my computer for a different model LOL